PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet Wideband Commander

2combs
April 27th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Hey guys I'm new here and to efi tuning and I've been doing a lot of reading and searching. I can't find anything about using a dynojet wideband commander with efilive. I just bought a V2 and I am wondering if the 0-5V output of my WBC is compatible with the V2. I found this spreadsheet for transfer function of voltage vs. A/F on the WBC. Is this compatible? I also bought an LC-1 but I have a WBC permanently mounted in my truck so it would be nice to be able to use it and keep the LC-1 free for other stuff.

Thanks in advance for the help, and sorry if this has been addressed before...I couldn't find anything on it.

mr.prick
April 27th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Which model do you have, does it support serial connection?

Almost all WBO2 manufacturers give the voltage to AFR expression as 14.7:1
This can conflict with the PCM's setting for stoich AFR.

2combs
April 27th, 2010, 06:20 AM
I have the Dynojet Wideband Commander, I don't see any mention of a serial connection support, only this.

"I have a stand alone engine management system in my vehicle, does the WBC have an output I can use?

Yes, the WBC does have a 0-5v or 0-5 mA linear output. "

So I guess it's a no go.

mr.prick
April 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM
There are 2 version of the DJ WBO2.
They both have the same output

SOMhaveit
April 27th, 2010, 12:41 PM
You can use the Wideband Commander with EFILive. There is even a PID file for VE tuning included in the EFI package. I've used my Commander with EFI for 4 years now.

2combs
April 27th, 2010, 12:50 PM
How do I go about connecting it to the V2? Do I need a cable like this?

http://taquickness.com/taqcables/sGEN.jpg

SOMhaveit
April 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM
NO. You use the connectors that came with your V2. One of the brown ones that have set screws to hold the wires from your Commander. Plug in to A1 on the V2.

2combs
April 27th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Ok, my V2 hasn't came in yet but I know which one you are talking about. Do you know which wires out of the WBC you use? Thanks for the help.

SOMhaveit
April 27th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I do not remember right off hand. If I can remember I'll look at mine tomorrow.

2combs
April 27th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Ok thanks.

ScarabEpic22
April 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
NO. You use the connectors that came with your V2. One of the brown ones that have set screws to hold the wires from your Commander. Plug in to A1 on the V2.

Actually you can, depends if you want to connect it via analog or serial connection. Analog connectors come with the V2, serial cables like TAQuickness makes (and seen above) are a few more dollars. I have his cable for my Innovate LC1, works great:rockon:

2combs
April 27th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Is one way better than the other? I don't mind buying the cable if there is an advantage.

SOMhaveit
April 27th, 2010, 11:37 PM
On my Commander I have it like this: Looking down on the connector with the set screws showing, I have the Black/white stripe and White/Green stripe on the left and the White/Orange stripe on the right.

Can't guarantee you wiring is color coded the same as mine.