PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know How I Can Do This?

jweb47
April 27th, 2010, 04:56 AM
I have a 04 5.3 truck PCM (6242) and harness that I converted for installing in an old Camaro. My original intentions were to set up the 5.3 in the Camaro and after all the hard work was done, change the 5.3 to whatever LS engine I wanted. This engine had a LS1 intake and injectors with the 5.3 DBW TB and ran great. I sold that motor and bought a 02 LS6. I have it set up in my engine test/run stand with the 5.3 electronics (DBW/TAC, etc.) but am having problems figuring out how to tune the PCM to run with the 5.3 DBW/TAC/TB but, with a LS6 tune. Everyone I've talked to around here (Dallas) doesn't have a clue. Most say just run a 411 PCM with a cable TB with a LS6 tune but, I have a lot of work in the harness and want to use DBW unless what I want to do is absolutely impossible. Can anyone here point me in the right direction to figure this out? Thanks

ScarabEpic22
April 27th, 2010, 05:08 AM
Post up the base file you used for the 5.3, you should be able to change the cylinder size, spark tables, and VE tables and get close. Hook up the wideband and AutoVE it then dial spark in.

You dont need to use the LS6 tune, you just need to use the spark, VE, injector, etc parameters from the tune file in your 5.3 tune.

Frost
April 27th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Yah that's what I told him over on LS1.com too :)

ScarabEpic22
April 27th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Yah that's what I told him over on LS1.com too :)

Whew, good to know Im right lol, I have little LS1 experience. Eventually I want to buy an LS1 equipped car/truck just to learn to tune it!