PDA

View Full Version : An HP guy begging for some help!!!

GeneralTJI
April 29th, 2010, 03:39 AM
I'm an HP guy, but not exactly by choice these days-

If I would have realized the difference when it comes to diesel tuning I would have gone with EFI! But I do a lot of gas tuning of different types and ended up with HP :bad:

I can't get ANY support or feedback on the forum over there, I know this isn't quite politically correct but I was just hoping for a little feedback and some ballpark ideas on what sort of power I'm producing first off...

Here is my injector pulsewidth table, (stock fuel pressure):

2006 LBZ btw, specs in my sig...

http://tjituning.com/PulseWidth.JPG

I used the 50/50 timing calculator to setup my timing table. (There is an HP converter for this)

I raised the boost to about 25psi (runs pretty clean under WOT)

Truck runs well, shifts clean and fast, pulls hard... But I have no idea what sort of power this is adding. I was aiming for 80-90hp max. Also tried to keep the first 50% of the throttle basically stock, then a slow ramp to 75% then it gets pretty hot towards the end. This tune has gotten me 24mpg on the highway (great for a 4x4!!) I can post screen shots of other tables if that would help at all?

Also... What all tables need to be modified to raise the rev limiter a little higher. HP has access to all the same tables from what I have seen (some are just labeled differently)... I am trying to rev 4th gear out to 3500 or so to get a little more speed without using 5th. I have changed everything I can find to continue fueling out to 35-3600... but it still seems to shut down at 3250ish??? I know this is a long shot being that I'm not on EFI but any advice is welcomed.

Thank you guys VERY much!!

- Todd

JeromeGTO5.7
May 2nd, 2010, 08:03 AM
well this is nothing but a stab in the dark but it would look like about 70 to 100 some where in there. as far as the rest ill let someone else say.

GMPX
May 2nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Todd,

It's hard because you can't post your tune up here, well, you could but of course EFILive won't read hpt files.
Do you know of the Diesel Place forum? There is probably 10 times more tuning discussions over there than on our own forum.
What you need to look through is the torque limiting tables, there is a number of them that will command low torque values at higher RPM's.

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 2nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
It looks backwards to me

:shock:

Good Luck

JoshH
May 3rd, 2010, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna guess you are probably looking at about 400-420 at the rear wheels. As for the rev limiter, there are several tables that need to be adjusted. One of the ones that seems kind of out of place in EFI (not sure if it is the same in HPT) is table B1014, Pressure Maintain Fuel Limit. This table limits fuel quantity at a given RPM and is located in the fuel pressure area.

GeneralTJI
May 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate coming to this board and getting some input on my tune. That's really impressive!

Since I posted this I did find the remaining table limiting fueling beyond 3300ish. Now the truck pulls strong pretty far out (stopped about 3800 because that got me to 90+ mph in 4th which is good enough).

Hoping this well help keep the trans alive by not beating on 5th+ :sly:

I was shooting for around 90ish hp. I don't beat on the truck all the time, but once and a while it's nice to get in it good.

Again, thank you guys for the input!