PDA

View Full Version : LBZ/LMM combined operating system

KillaKustomKables
April 30th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Hey all,
I am involved in doing the electrics on duramax engine conversions. Problem I am having is when using the LMM engine and allsion transmissions is that there is no input/output on the ECM for tacho and cruise control, Its all done via CAN-bus

We have looked into running the LBZ operating system and modifiying the harness to suit, However the problem is that the allison trans behind the LBZ has a torque converter speed sensor, LBZ does not.

So what I would like to know is can we modify one of the operating systems to work. either change the LMM system to use analogue inputs for cruise/tacho rather than CAN, Or modify the LBZ system to run without the torque converter sensor.

At this stage we are looking at fitting the extra sensor into the later model gearboxes, but if we can sort it via software would be alot easier.

Also does anyone know if the LBZ and LMM air flow meters run the same calibration?

Thanks
Steve

DURAtotheMAX
April 30th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Probably easiest right now to just swap to LBZ stuff and swap to an LBZ allison bellhousing that has the input speed sensor.

GMPX
May 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM
Well, I'm not sure on the CAN messages, it's not really an area we ever need to dive in to, but with the airflow meters they are different. The LBZ uses a voltage output, the LMM is frequency.