PDA

View Full Version : 03 allison

minytrker
April 30th, 2010, 05:26 AM
I want to adjust my down shifts at part throttle in tow mode. When I towing my racecar trailer with cruise control, alot of time right when Im getting to the very top of a hill the truck will downshift. I want it to stay in gear longer since Im at the very top of all the hills when this happens. What all needs to be changed in the trans tune? Looking at the tune there is no cruise control setting so thats why I figured tow/haul will work. Is there any downside to this?

Thanks

minytrker
May 1st, 2010, 06:05 AM
Anyone?

turbo_bu
May 3rd, 2010, 04:16 AM
I want to adjust my down shifts at part throttle in tow mode. When I towing my racecar trailer with cruise control, alot of time right when Im getting to the very top of a hill the truck will downshift. I want it to stay in gear longer since Im at the very top of all the hills when this happens. What all needs to be changed in the trans tune? Looking at the tune there is no cruise control setting so thats why I figured tow/haul will work. Is there any downside to this?

Thanks

Doubt there will be any downside .... are you still stock or do you have a built tranny / converter? Also, do you know if it is downshifting or simply coming out of TCC lock? (2 different tables, but you probably already knew that).

I do know that there is a table which limits the fuel when you are in cruise control {B0852}. Not sure if your hitting this limit and then slowing down which causes the downshift.