PDA

View Full Version : 2 Bar MAP and Stock Operating system

LastCall
May 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
I have a custom 2 bar OS and getting ready to SMOG my truck. My plan was to flash the stock OS and Maggie tune in that I originally started with. I cant find my original 1 bar map sensor, so I am trying to see what my options are.

If I flash the original OS and tune that I started with, can I just re-scale my MAP to reflect the 1 bar settings? I dont think I will pass SMOG with a custom OS.

Any suggestions?

joecar
May 1st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Rescale your MAP and verify that the pid SAE.MAP shows the correct value.

It's easiest to pass in CL... you should be able to run the COS in CL.

Where are you located...?

nevinsb
May 2nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
I'll take a wild guess and say California.

LastCall
May 2nd, 2010, 01:46 AM
Rescale your MAP and verify that the pid SAE.MAP shows the correct value.

It's easiest to pass in CL... you should be able to run the COS in CL.

Where are you located...?

Rescale the MAP to look like a 1 bar? I read that the difference between a 1 bar and a 2 bar is the on a 1 bar, every .5 v is 10 kpa and on a 2 bar, every .25 v is 10 kpa. How would I scale?

If the COS will not trigger an error on the SMOG machine, I will just put the PCM in closed loop and call it a day.

I'll take a wild guess and say California.
Yep, I am in California and part of the SMOG is plugging the machine into the OB2 port.

joecar
May 2nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
i.e. you copy the MAP scaler from the COS to the stock OS... then with key on engine off, SAE.MAP should show correct value of baro.

i.e. in the stock OS have the correct scaler for the 2-bar sensor.

PM sent.

joecar
May 2nd, 2010, 09:33 AM
Do you have CARB EO waiver sticker for your SC...?

LastCall
May 2nd, 2010, 10:00 AM
Do you have CARB EO waiver sticker for your SC...?
Yes, I have a CARB number for my SC.

dc_justin
May 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
Rescale the MAP to look like a 1 bar? I read that the difference between a 1 bar and a 2 bar is the on a 1 bar, every .5 v is 10 kpa and on a 2 bar, every .25 v is 10 kpa. How would I scale?

If the COS will not trigger an error on the SMOG machine, I will just put the PCM in closed loop and call it a day.

Yep, I am in California and part of the SMOG is plugging the machine into the OB2 port.

You'd have a hard time running a 2 bar map on a stock OS. Startup will be less than perfect and low load areas will be difficult to control. The smog test equipment won't care about the COS, just be sure that there are no emissions DTCs tripped and you'll be all set.

joecar
May 2nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Justin's right, even tho the MAP is scaled, the stock OS has no boost tables.

LastCall
May 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the help Justin and JoeCar. I am going through my original tune I started with and the current tune to make sure everything is the same. I have been Mafless in OLSD for almost a year.

nevinsb
May 7th, 2010, 12:45 PM
EFI's COS is the way to go. It's what I am running on mine with no regrets.