PDA

View Full Version : Tune for 98 LS1 Camaro

MikeyC
May 2nd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Hi everyone: don't know if this is appropriate or not but is there anyone out there that could send me a copy of a tune? My car has Intake and headers w/x-pipe; no cats and I live in FL. I'd like a decent tune for this combo so I can begin the learning process. Thanks for any help.

WeathermanShawn
May 2nd, 2010, 01:19 AM
Hi Mikey:

Welcome to the forum..

You can utilize the EFILive tunes at the following website: http:///www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/stockTunes.php. (http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/stockTunes.php)

I will be the first to warn you. 3-4 years ago when tuning was not as prevalent, utilizing someone else's tune was perhaps an option. Now, it is somewhat discouraged. Everybody's combo is different, and if one guys tune has an Engine DTC Processing Enabler changed (and you don't know it), your tune may be garbage.

So be very careful. I would look over the stock tune, then make adjustments accordingly.

Sorry for the lecture, but better to learn now than later.

Good luck..

MikeyC
May 2nd, 2010, 01:36 AM
Hello WeathermanShawn...thanks for the quick response...I've been to that website multiple times. A few people have similar tunes but not similar enough. I don't want to use anyone else's tune (should have specified). I just want to copy a few tables (ex: VE, spark, etc) to a tune that I can put together. At the moment, I don't have a WBo2 or a dyno. I just would like to have a good 'rough draft' from anyone with my basic bolt-on setup. No gears, stall, cam, etc... just intake, headers, catless exhaust. I can then take it from there.
Thanks again.

WeathermanShawn
May 2nd, 2010, 01:54 AM
Gotcha Mikey..

I would post mine, but its pretty radical compared to your setup. Sometimes you get people to post up a tune, but a few ideas in the meantime.

With headers and intake, you might be able to just utilize a stock tune..take 5-10% airflow out of the 400-1200 Rpm VE Table..add 5-10% from 4000 Rpms, 80+ Kpa up.

I personally like the 2002 Corvette ZO6 Spark..and even their VE Table..I used it for my first 4 months of tuning until I got it. The toughest part is the MAF. Without logging you never know..and it drives so much of the tune. If you know your LTFTS, then you can tweak the MAF and get a pretty decent drive.

Thats an idea. Personally I have seen very few people post up tunes on this forum (except if they need help). Its not an editorial comment, just a general observation.

Good luck..

ScarabEpic22
May 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
You should work on getting a wideband and hooking it up to your V1/V2. Shawn posted a good tutorial that will get you up and running quickly, check the link in his signature.

MikeyC
May 2nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys... The info you posted is good enough for me. I appreciate the help.