PDA

View Full Version : EFILIVE conflicting with BANKS PDA...?

BJJ-DURAMAX
May 2nd, 2010, 04:53 PM
EFILIVE conflicting with BANKS PDA...?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I e-mailed this to Nick at DURAMAXTUNER.COM but I also wanted to see what some of you might be thinking
I did the EGR block , but I am still getting a 1-2 second delay on acceleration from a stop. On level 4 , I haven't tried other levels . If I give her 1/2 or more throttle she's fine , it's when I ease into it , it feels like I am getting no fuel...then it kicks in.....? Also , in my street tune , setting 4 , when I am NOT at W.O.T. , it feels like I am getting a de-fuel between shifts. I tried playing with my co-pilot putting it on different levels but had no change. Did all my settings get the de-fueling removed , some , none ? Even though I am just using my Banks PDA for guages , will it possibly be conflicting with the demands of my ecm/tcm ? On all the levels with the Banks , de-fueling is engauged to protect a stock tranny...could my Banks & EFILIVE be trying to counter each other ? I haven't removed the Banks yet to see if this might be an issue..only because I am afraid that it is an issue and now I will need to drop another
$ 300.00 for new gauges. :doh2:
Other than these minor issues I am extreamly pleased with what Nick has done for my truck...my wife even had some fun with it , smokin' a ricer on the way to Wally World...now she wants to drive it... :damnit1:

ScarabEpic22
May 2nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
If you're just using the Banks setup for guages, I doubt there's a conflict. But Im not well-versed in Dmax stuff either. The potential is there though, electronics can be weird sometimes.

GMPX
May 3rd, 2010, 02:01 PM
Unplug the Banks and see what happens.

bballer182
May 4th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I have made a custom OBD port to the passenger side of my truck and if i have EFI and my bullydog monitor plugged in at the same time EFI freaks out on a flash or even just a scan.

LBZoom
May 4th, 2010, 03:36 AM
As far as the de-fuel between shifts at part throttle, there's not much you can do about that on the 2006 and later trucks. The trans and the ECM don't have a de-fuel adjustment for the diesel motor, just the 8.1 apparently. I shortened my shift times in small increments and it seemed to help the driveability a lot. :cheers:

GMPX
May 4th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I can't say for sure on all these products, but too many of them do not behave correctly when on the comms bus, some even ignore silence commands (very big no, no).
Most of these monitor devices will be using scanning functions, you simply can't have two scantools on the bus at the same time.

bballer182
May 4th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I can't say for sure on all these products, but too many of them do not behave correctly when on the comms bus, some even ignore silence commands (very big no, no).
Most of these monitor devices will be using scanning functions, you simply can't have two scantools on the bus at the same time.

My thoughts exactly:sly: