PDA

View Full Version : Distinction between Auto/Manual tables

SSbaby
November 18th, 2005, 03:51 PM
I was wondering if future versions of Flashscan can clearly identify which tables are applicable for autos etc... ?

The reason I ask is that there appears to be some confusion on our forum regarding changes made to certain tables and its effect on the tune overall.

Keep up the great work! :D

Cheers

ringram
November 18th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I flashed what was in effect an auto tune into my manual car.
I changed lots of DTC and MIL's that was the easy bit.
I then messed with the obvious trans section, however I was locked by the solenoid out from reverse (though if you push a little harder it would go in).
I never got to the bottom of what locked out the reverse solenoid. There was no table or switch to set that so I guess the PCM looks for something somewhere which is invisible to the tuner.
End result, started again with a proper manual tune.
Otherwise it drove fine no DTC or MIL as expected no issues other than reverse lockout.

GMPX
November 19th, 2005, 01:00 AM
I was wondering if future versions of Flashscan can clearly identify which tables are applicable for autos etc... ?

The reason I ask is that there appears to be some confusion on our forum regarding changes made to certain tables and its effect on the tune overall.

Keep up the great work! :D

Cheers

Oh man I quiver just thinking of the work involved there :cry:
Best bet is to just copy both trans cal and trans diag over, change the speedo seg too and that should take care of most things.

Cheers,
Ross

ringram
November 19th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Hey Ross, how about allowing a user to copy part of the calibration tree, rather than just one table. (eg) Copy the whole Mixture tree and paste to a new cal.
Obviously the tables will need to match, perhaps some logic can check this and say either "Done" or "Destination does not match" etc.
That would save some time hacking things to bits.
Or maybe its just making the rope longer to hang myself with...

Blacky
November 19th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Hey Ross, how about allowing a user to copy part of the calibration tree, rather than just one table. (eg) Copy the whole Mixture tree and paste to a new cal.
Obviously the tables will need to match, perhaps some logic can check this and say either "Done" or "Destination does not match" etc.
That would save some time hacking things to bits.
Or maybe its just making the rope longer to hang myself with...

Good idea. Although plans are in place to enhance the scriptiing to allow a new command to copy complete or partial tables between cals. That feature could be used to copy entire branches.

Paul