PDA

View Full Version : Why should I install EFILive

fickau
May 5th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Have a 04.5 lly and need to replace the turbo. I'm not up on this stuff. so I was thinking of upgrade to a stage 1 turbo and adding EFILive. the cost is about $3500. truck all ready has a true flow air filter intake, and banks exhaust with the cat removed, and edge power w/attitude. I do pull a heavy trailer and live in the midwest. other then that the truck is stock crew cab long box single rear wheels. SHOULD I DO IT AND WILL I BE HAPPY. I know I will get more power but will I improve my MPG (if so buy out much) I would welcome your opinions.
Lee

GMPX
May 6th, 2010, 09:01 AM
If you are 'not up on this stuff' maybe a better option for you would be to purchase the turbo kit and a tune to go with it rather than try to tune it yourself.
Download the EFILive demo software and load up the LLY tune that comes with it, if your head hurts after 5 mins then the answer to "will I be happy" is probably no, if you think "wow this is awesome, look at all this stuff I can change", then the answer is yes, you will be happy.

killerbee
May 9th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Have a 04.5 lly and need to replace the turbo. I'm not up on this stuff. so I was thinking of upgrade to a stage 1 turbo and adding EFILive. the cost is about $3500. truck all ready has a true flow air filter intake, and banks exhaust with the cat removed, and edge power w/attitude. I do pull a heavy trailer and live in the midwest. other then that the truck is stock crew cab long box single rear wheels. SHOULD I DO IT AND WILL I BE HAPPY. I know I will get more power but will I improve my MPG (if so buy out much) I would welcome your opinions.
Lee

Lee, unless you plan to use this for other reasons than you have mentioned, there is no point in a turbo. Lose the edge, install an IOH kit, and apply custom tuning. You will be delighted and you will save a lot of $.

http://killerbeeperformance.com/induction/induction-overhaul/

http://killerbeeperformance.com/custom-tuning/what-is-it/