PDA

View Full Version : Can't flash

cmitchell17
May 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I can't get efilive V1 to detect the ecm or tcm when I try to reflash. Now that I think about it the last thing I changed on the tune was I disabled VATS. So maybe thats the problem. The truck will run and start fine no codes but I can't reflash. Anyone have any ideas? I also have a ipod adapter that always causes problems over the bus but I can reflash once I disconnect but I have flashed plenty of times before and never had problems with the adapter?

cmitchell17
May 7th, 2010, 12:57 PM
How would the vats being disabled not allow the ecm or tcm to communicate?
I tried pulling all the radio fuses to make sure it wasnt the ipod interface but it still dint work?

killerbee
May 9th, 2010, 12:54 AM
what message are you getting?

cmitchell17
May 9th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I get no communication at all. It will get to where it says detecting ecm and tcm then it says they are not detected, then it tries to get status 10 times and then gives me the error cannot connect with ecm check connection then status unknown. im pretty sure this hapoend after I disabled vats but the reason I disabled it was because the engine was idling one time and it just cut off and said battery not charging I can't remember the code but I think it was a moduel communication error.

killerbee
May 9th, 2010, 06:33 AM
don't be offended. :)

is the ignition on (not accessory)?

Can you read the ECM? If not, check the fuses by the battery. I can't remember what it is labeled, but it controls power to the obd port.

cmitchell17
May 9th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah Ive got it on. That seems like a really good idea becuase im getting no led lights from the V1 box.

ScarabEpic22
May 9th, 2010, 12:24 PM
May seem stupid, but what ECM/TCM do you have? If you have an LBZ or LMM, a V1 will give you error messages as it cannot communicate with either controller. V1 does not support the CAN message bus.

killerbee
May 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
He posted in the LLY forum

killerbee
May 9th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I think it is labeled "info" if memory serves

ScarabEpic22
May 9th, 2010, 02:43 PM
He posted in the LLY forum

Didnt even pay attention to that, Im in the habit of clicking new posts and not looking through the actual forums anymore.:blahblah::doh2:

cmitchell17
May 11th, 2010, 02:31 AM
Ok I got it it was the cig. lighter fuse thanks for the help, but I wonder what cause it.