PDA

View Full Version : Different Laptops

philsz06
May 6th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I am going to be borrowing my friend's EFI live setup and I am wondering if it is possible to use my laptop rather than his? If so, what do I have to do in order for this to work? Also, the last time that we tried to connect my PCM to the Software it kept saying that it couldn't connect or PCM was locked. I spoke to ECS and they told me they never locked it. We do have available credit left so we can connect the PCM to software. I really appreciate the help. Thanks. I thought I have read that it is possible.

What do I need to make it work on my laptop and why isn’t it connecting?

tokymon
May 6th, 2010, 07:34 AM
should work i use 2 diffrent computers to tune (a desk top and laptop)
just install efi live and should be all set to go:angel_innocent:

Tordne
May 6th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Sometimes if you attempt to read an ECM without setting the correct controller selection you may get a locked message. For instance if you have an LLY Duramax and left the controller selection on LS1.

If you have the correct controller selected before doing the read and still get a locked message chances are very high that the ECM has in fact been locked somewhere along the way.

philsz06
May 6th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Good to hear. Also, I haven't gotten my hands on the software yet(this afternoon), but is this as simple as plugging it in, or are there some kind of steps I must do? Any links?

joecar
May 6th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Latest software see here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=13550).

If you have V1 you need only V7.
If you have V2 you need both V7 and V8.

joecar
May 6th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Phil,

Just plug in.

And welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Blacky
May 6th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Also, the last time that we tried to connect my PCM to the Software it kept saying that it couldn't connect or PCM was locked.

Also try checking the "Try Alt Keys" check box before attempting to read the ECM. That will cause EFILive to try additional keys that may unlock it.

Regards
Paul

spoolinsteve
September 27th, 2010, 07:19 AM
I have a similar question, my best bud is going to be borrowing my efi live to help setup his car until we tune it. If I unlock his vin using my computer and then let him borrow efi live.... when he installs the software on his computer does he have to register it using my info or can he leave the software unregistered?

I have no problem letting him borrow it but I really did not want to register the software on his laptop with my information since this is a one time deal.

Tordne
September 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
He can just enter the details from your blue registration card. All the licensing is done within the FlashScan interface itself, so no issue running software on multiple computers.