PDA

View Full Version : Engine Calibration

TAQuickness
January 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
I just downloaded my existing tune and was stumped when I came across the Cylinder Volume value under

Engine Calibration
Fuel
Air Flow
Parameters

It shows the cylinder volume at 708cc's I should be 785cc's.

My question is, where does the 708 cc value come from. Is this actually stored in the PCM or is it calculated by Flash Scan?

The next question is, assuming this is an actual parameter in the PCM, do other tuning softwares allow the user to change this parameter?

GMPX
January 13th, 2005, 03:29 PM
So, some lucky person has themselves a stroker (I am presuming that given your name as TAQuickness).
708cc x 8 is of course 5.7L.
I can't speak for the other tuining tools as far as what they can change.

That value is indeed in the PCM calibrations and can be altered, it is used in the Speed Density calculations (MAP calculated AirFlow).

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
January 13th, 2005, 03:52 PM
A stroker it is. My initial dyno tune was really low. I finally got my software and had a look at the "professional" tune. Looks like they forgot to tell the pcm that there are 37 more CI's than stock.

Anyone have a stock tune from a '00 f-bod they could share with me. The pro's didn't save the stock tune for me.

Steve Bryant
January 13th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Take a look at this bin/.tun repository that one of our beta testers has set up: http://stealthv.nitro-nights.com/tunes.htm

Steve

TAQuickness
January 13th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks.

FWIW, I really like this software. Very intuitive.

Steve Bryant
January 13th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks.

FWIW, I really like this software. Very intuitive.

Thanks, that compliment will make a number of folks very happy . . . especially Paul (AKA Blacky) who developed it! :D

All my best,

Steve

Drake
January 13th, 2005, 05:17 PM
So far everything is perfect.

Is it normal for my headlights to flash on and off and the horn to blow every time I reflash?

:lol:

Just kidding of course...

Steve Bryant
January 13th, 2005, 05:23 PM

Is it normal for my headlights to flash on and off and the horn to blow every time I reflash?

That's how EFILive and FlashScan make a vehicle feel . . . like shouting and showing off a little! :lol: :lol:

Steve

GMPX
January 13th, 2005, 05:52 PM

Yes, that's the hidden BCM override commands we send :-)

Hey, do what I did one day, pull over to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere and Flash, that'll make you feel happy. (Except my laptop battery was at 5% remaining, yeah, it was a stupid thing to do).

Cheers,
Ross

TAQuickness
January 14th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Take a look at this bin/.tun repository that one of our beta testers has set up: http://stealthv.nitro-nights.com/tunes.htm

Steve

Thanks again Steve. I stayed up all night taking a look over my tune and comparing it to a stock tune :D

Anyhow - after the comparison, the only thing I saw that needed to be changed was the Cylinder Volume parameter. I made this change and reflashed this morning before heading to work. The SOTP dyno says I found some of my missing HP! I'm taking the car to HPE this afternoon to get a dyno pull to see what a difference it made.

Now to my next question: When I changed the Cylinder Volume parameter, I notice that all of the values in the Main VE Table are lower (i.e. 400/15 went from 29.2 to 26.4, 8,000/105 went from 95.1 to 85.8).

If I read the description correctly, this means at 8,000/105 I went from being able to fill the cylinder from 95.1% to 85.8% Did I read this right?