PDA

View Full Version : Lbz/lmm dsp5

Cougar281
May 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I've started looking at the LBZ & LMM DSP OSes since I'll be flashing a DSP tune into a friend's LMM, and I'll be converting my truck to LBZ. I've noticed that there is no "Valet" option in the DSP5 OS like there was in the LLY OS. I assume that since it's not there at this point, it will not be there? Just curious so I know if I should figure out how to make my "Hidden in plain sight" Valet switch to work the way I want it to again or not. If the valet option isn't going to be added in, then there's no reason to put the time into making it work again. :)

killerbee
May 9th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I will have to send you a keylock dsp5. It can go in plain sight. :)

I made some nice valet restrictions.

bballer182
May 10th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I've started looking at the LBZ & LMM DSP OSes since I'll be flashing a DSP tune into a friend's LMM, and I'll be converting my truck to LBZ. I've noticed that there is no "Valet" option in the DSP5 OS like there was in the LLY OS. I assume that since it's not there at this point, it will not be there? Just curious so I know if I should figure out how to make my "Hidden in plain sight" Valet switch to work the way I want it to again or not. If the valet option isn't going to be added in, then there's no reason to put the time into making it work again. :)

The options that are there currently are it. there is not enough room in the ECM to add stuff like that. We were lucky just to get DSP5. :)

Cougar281
May 10th, 2010, 02:38 AM
The options that are there currently are it. there is not enough room in the ECM to add stuff like that. We were lucky just to get DSP5. :)

That's cool, I wasn't trying to get it added, was just curious if I needed to fix my switch or not. To be honest, I never actually used it... If I want to make a valet tune, I could place it in the DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere that cuts out the DSP5 switch and provides the resistance of the last position.

GMPX
May 10th, 2010, 10:21 AM
We were lucky just to get DSP5. :)
Correct, I recall me clearly saying DSP for the Bosch ECM will never happen :angel_innocent:. We won't be going back to make more changes at this point.

killerbee
May 10th, 2010, 10:47 AM
If I want to make a valet tune, I could place it in the DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere that cuts out the DSP5 switch and provides the resistance of the last position.

offer still stands. :) it's good for another 16 minutes! It will grow on you.:pokey:

ScarabEpic22
May 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Correct, I recall me clearly saying DSP for the Bosch ECM will never happen :angel_innocent:. We won't be going back to make more changes at this point.

Yep, and all the LBZ guys were super bummed out. Then you announced it a year or two later and everyone was pumped!!

Marketing ploy?:blahblah::help2::doh2:

bballer182
May 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM

Yep i remember that specifically! lol:hihi:

Cougar281
May 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM

It's all good. Like I said, I was just curious if there where plans to add it and if I should fix my switch or not. Since the DSP OSes are what they will be, then it's all good.

offer still stands. :) it's good for another 16 minutes! It will grow on you.:pokey:

Thatnks for the offer. To be honest, I never actually used it. The only people that are allowed to get behind the wheel without me watching them like a hawk (which I can count on one hand) I either trust with the big tunes (my best friend and two other friends, one of which owns a mildly tuned LMM) or wouldn't touch the switch to begin with (My wife :hihi:). If I ever get the wild hair to add a "Valet" position, I'll just set it up in DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere.

bballer182
May 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM
It's all good. Like I said, I was just curious if there where plans to add it and if I should fix my switch or not. Since the DSP OSes are what they will be, then it's all good.

Thatnks for the offer. To be honest, I never actually used it. The only people that are allowed to get behind the wheel without me watching them like a hawk (which I can count on one hand) I either trust with the big tunes (my best friend and two other friends, one of which owns a mildly tuned LMM) or wouldn't touch the switch to begin with (My wife :hihi:). If I ever get the wild hair to add a "Valet" position, I'll just set it up in DSP4 and hide a DPDT switch somewhere.

I like that idea!