PDA

View Full Version : 4x4 shifting

southern
May 9th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Is there a way to make the throttle a little less responsive in 4 low? I thought there use to be a table with 4x4 shifting and such in it but I am not finding it.

2004 GMC ECSB Z-71 AEM Longtubes Modified with 3" Magnaflow, Intake, EFI Live, PLX Wideband, 206/212-.515/.522 112, stock heads milled .030", Patriot gold dual springs, comp pushrods, E-Fans

ScarabEpic22
May 9th, 2010, 03:40 PM
There should be different shift settings for 4WD, but it only deals with the transmission part of the PCM. I havent seen where you can make the throttle open slower (aka add TM back in).

N0DIH
May 9th, 2010, 03:51 PM
That is what I was thinking, impose a less torque limit, then TM will get more aggressive.

There should be different shift settings for 4WD, but it only deals with the transmission part of the PCM. I havent seen where you can make the throttle open slower (aka add TM back in).

southern
May 9th, 2010, 10:57 PM
But is there a way to limit it in just 4 low? Everything is fine on 2wd on the street just 4 low can be a little jumpy from time to time. I saw a review on a new for the other day and the throttle maps are different from 2wd to 4wd to 3lo was thinkin that sure would be nice to have if at all possible.

southern
May 18th, 2010, 11:13 PM
so anyone come up with anything for this. I looked into the throttle tables and tm tables and dont really see anything that I can make work for throttle control and it not effect everyday driving. Would are pcm be able to handle a low range throttle table or not?