PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Speed Density tune!

ls698ta
May 10th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Well guys I'm having an issue with a speed denstiy tune. The car wont even hold the idle down. I can't make any logs etc, until I can get it running at least. The car has stage 2 ls6 heads with 59cc, a f13 cam from futral and a ported fast 90 setup with the usual boltons; Longtube headers, Lid, and Magnaflow bullet. I'm going to post the tune so you guys can take a look at it, and see if you see anything that may be a bit off.
Car is a 2002 camaro z28 6speed
Thanks

5.7ute
May 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Will it run with a bit of throttle? Do you have any wideband AFR readings while trying to idle?

ls698ta
May 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM
If I give it gas it'll die even faster. Didn't connect my wideband though it smells like gas badly

5.7ute
May 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
When fitting a cam you need to lower the VE table in the idle areas to prevent overfuelling. This is caused from the engine being less efficient at low speeds, and a higher map value at idle.
Try lowering the VE table 10-15% from the 1200rpm row down.

WeathermanShawn
May 10th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Your setup is somewhat similar to mine..but I run MAF-enabled closed loop.

I see a few areas of concern. First, I do not think you got it in SD mode. P0101, P0102, P0103 need to be set to 1 Trip, Emissions-Related. Setting them to 'Non-Reported' means just that. It will not set a DTC Code..You need it for the car to go to SD Mode.

Second, since it has not gone into SD mode, it is using the MAF. Unfortunately you have disabled B5001 by putting all the MAF numbers to 0.0 g/s. Thats why it won't start.

I have not looked at the rest of your tune in great detail, but your VE Table looks like about the 'right' numbers for Idle.
Edit: Since it does not look like stock injector values..someone else should probably give that a check..along with your other injector parameters..

If you make those changes, your car will probably start.

You also might want to look at Table B4307. For a cammed car, its a little low. I might try adding about 1- 1.5 g/s. That will help it start.

Thats my read on it. Good luck..