PDA

View Full Version : locked ecm

SGFastMax
May 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
does anyone know if the gm dealer can unlock or reflash a stock tune onto a locked lb7 ecm?

ScarabEpic22
May 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Doubtful, if EFILive cant force a stock tune in using the "Use Alternate Keys" option, then a dealer who can only use the regular keys is at a disadvantage over an EFILive user. Either have the original tuner unlock it, give you the key, or pull the flash chip and bench flash it back to stock.

SGFastMax
May 11th, 2010, 09:09 PM
how does the alternate keys option work? does the origional tuner have to use this option to make it work or can I? to unlock this ecm at all does the origional v2 that locked it have to do it or can i do it with mine. i think someone told me the v2 that locks it, has to be the one to unlock it. but i dont know.

ScarabEpic22
May 12th, 2010, 10:57 AM
You just need to know what seed/key the tuner used when they flashed your truck. If the tuner will give you that information then you can enter it into your flash window and unlock it.

The Use alternate keys doesnt relate to locking really, its an option that tries all the keys EFILive knows that particular ECM/PCM used. Usually its for when a weird ECM comes along and still has a beta calibration or something like that. Cant hurt to try it though.