PDA

View Full Version : Converting tunes to DSP

rjwesleyiii
May 12th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I am ordering a DSP 5 for my 06 LBZ, and I made my base DSP OS with my stock tune and I have it saved to my computer. How do I go about converting my tunes to the DSP? I have 3 tunes that I want to put on there right now. I noticed there is 4 folders, is the #5 position automatically the stock tuning? Thanks guys, Im still new with EFI, I can read tunes and download tunes, but the rest Ive never done :)
Rob

bballer182
May 12th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Simple as copy and paste each table from one tune to the DSP folders.

the order of switching is

base,1,2,3,4
or
4,3,2,1,base

depending on how your switch was made.

Be warned that if you use your stock tune as the base and you have a hot tune in your DSP folders, you will be limited by that stock tunes as you base. To avoid that use your hottest tune as the base and put the stock tune in the DSP folder.

DISCLAIMER: Ross will say that if you do not use the stock tune as the base you run the risk (very small) of the switch failing and being stuck in the hot tune. that can be bad for many reasons.

Cougar281
May 12th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Simple as copy and paste each table from one tune to the DSP folders.

the order of switching is

base,1,2,3,4
or
4,3,2,1,base

depending on how your switch was made.

Be warned that if you use your stock tune as the base and you have a hot tune in your DSP folders, you will be limited by that stock tunes as you base. To avoid that use your hottest tune as the base and put the stock tune in the DSP folder.

DISCLAIMER: Ross will say that if you do not use the stock tune as the base you run the risk (very small) of the switch failing and being stuck in the hot tune. that can be bad for many reasons.

Like.....? :confused:

killerbee
May 12th, 2010, 04:10 AM
I think the caution is that you simply have to be aware that if the switch fails, your failsafe tune is the main tune, and it needs to be something you can live with until the problem can be remedied.

There is a kill switch mode I offer. That is one example of something that would leave you stranded if the switch failed.

rjwesleyiii
May 12th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Ok, so I made another dsp os with my hottest tune as the base. How do you go about copying the tables in the tune and putting it in the dsp folders? And, how hard is it to change the tunes in the folders once you have it downloaded to the truck? I have 2 tunes for every tune that I have. One set is for my 315 tires for the summer, and the other set is for my 265's I run in the winter.
Thanks, Rob

killerbee
May 12th, 2010, 04:36 AM
if you can use excel, same thing. copy/paste.

scripting will eventually be what you want to get familiar with, after you see how this all works first.

Guy has a nice script that makes fast work of the Bosch DSP5 population. I combined all 4, so that it can be done in one step. That is something that should be done in the OS upgrade process (poke poke). But that's just my opinion Ross.

69camaro5speed
September 24th, 2010, 04:45 PM
wow this adds up after me pulling my hair out lol
I was thinking the stock tq. tables must be over riding the dsp tunes.