PDA

View Full Version : I NEED help!!

Gregs
May 12th, 2010, 09:42 AM
my truck says reduced engine power and my gas petal is dead!

anyone have any ideas?

here is a screenshot of my codes

ScarabEpic22
May 12th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Flash your stock tune or a previous tune in. Or try reflashing the same tune again, Ive had my I6 do some weird things when Ive flashed it multiple times back to back to back. A quick cal flash fixed it though.

Gregs
May 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM
i tried another tune and no change. the last time i flashed it was the day before last and i drove it a lot last night.after i flash it and key on with engine off is sets codes right away. I talked to a mechanic friend of mine and he thinks the pcm is fried.

i'm going to go outside and see if a full reflash of the stock tune will change things...

anyone know where a throttle actuator control module is located? is it the same as the throttle control motor on the throttle body?

ScarabEpic22
May 12th, 2010, 10:58 AM
I dont, clear the codes and maybe pull the battery for 30mins.

Gregs
May 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
i did a full reflash and its still the same. i pulled the intake tube off and checked out the throttle body. i unpluged the throttle body connector and it fired up and ran just like before, only idling. i'm thinking the pcm is toast. i did some live data as it was running and it reads tps and petal position as 0.

i any what are my pcm replacement options? i can get one from any 03-07obs truck right? any other vehicles i can get one off of? i would think one off of any ls1 motor should work right?

Gregs
May 12th, 2010, 12:06 PM
found the problem.... say hi to mr mouse!

can anyone hypothesize on how much damage the pcm has now that i did a full flash with all the wires eaten?

WeathermanShawn
May 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Wow..thats a new one!

Any chance insurance would cover it, or do you carry a high-deductible like everyone else?

Not sure about the PCM health on that one..:shock:..

mr.prick
May 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Damn! that sucks.
Looks like your next mod is a mouse trap. :hihi:
Good luck with the repairs. :doh:

Gregs
May 12th, 2010, 02:39 PM
fortunately my loan requires me to have collision which according to my insurance agent covers this-man am i glad i have a $100 deductible :grin:

tomorrow its going to the gm dealership. i'm spending tonight putting all the aftermarket wiring and airbox and everything back to stock. if the pcm toasted hopefully the'll blame it on the mouse and not look too in depth about it, wish me luck.

of course these types of things have to happen right as i'm leaving for vacation to Florida tomorrow night

GAMEOVER
May 12th, 2010, 03:06 PM
found the problem.... say hi to mr mouse!

can anyone hypothesize on how much damage the pcm has now that i did a full flash with all the wires eaten?

That's NUTZ!!! Holy Chet!

ScarabEpic22
May 12th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Is your truck really an 03? That looks like a 96-00 Black Box PCM to me...not a normal LS1 PCM.

It probably flashed just fine because Ill bet the wires needed to flash the PCM were all intact on the other connector. You only need 4-8 wires to flash any ECM/TCM/PCM (depends on which one).

Gregs
May 13th, 2010, 03:25 AM
yep sure is an 03, its the truck in my sig. the module pictured isn't the pcm its some other module...i don't know which one. i tried running the part numbers off it and didn't get anything.

it started up this morning when the tow truck came, last night after the full flash it would only run for 2-3 seconds. i'm thinking maybe one of the wires was only partially there and after the flash it was hot or something...who knows. the insurance guy comes this afternoon to look at it at the dealership.

joecar
May 13th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Wow, how long did the mouse live there, and was the truck run during residence...?

Gregs
May 13th, 2010, 05:47 AM
i drive it daily and it happened sometime from 10pm Tuesday-6am Wednesday. i park it in a part port. just bad luck i guess

just got a call from the service department he said

tech "what are you having problems with i just went out there and it starts up just fine"
me-"did you notice that the gas petal doesn't work"
tech "oh"
me- "did you open the hood"
tech-"no..."
me-:bangin:

ScarabEpic22
May 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM
yep sure is an 03, its the truck in my sig. the module pictured isn't the pcm its some other module...i don't know which one. i tried running the part numbers off it and didn't get anything.

Ok because I was confused. You were talking about the PCM and if there was damage to it and then showing those pics which arent the PCM. Got it now.

tech "what are you having problems with i just went out there and it starts up just fine"
me-"did you notice that the gas petal doesn't work"
tech "oh"
me- "did you open the hood"
tech-"no..."
me-:bangin:

Typical dealers.:fluffy:

joecar
May 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
What module is that...?

Gregs
May 13th, 2010, 01:00 PM
What module is that...?

i asked the guy i was talking to (who didn't know a whole lot) and he said "its the module that controls the electronic throttle. for all thats worth..

i can't figure out how to quote two sources in one reply, but to ScarabEpic22:

i have a hard time writing what i mean to say, heck half the time i go back and read what i've written and even i'm confused! :hihi:

joecar
May 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Click Quote on a post, then in the box select the whole text and cut it...

Then go back and click Quote on a different post, then in the box paste the text of the first quote...

Edit:
I just learned how to do it properly:
click The "+ button in the lower right hand corner of all the posts you want to quote, and then click Quote or Post Reply.

Thanks mr.prick.

joecar
May 13th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Like this...

i asked the guy i was talking to (who didn't know a whole lot) and he said "its the module that controls the electronic throttle. for all thats worth..

i can't figure out how to quote two sources in one reply, but to ScarabEpic22:

i have a hard time writing what i mean to say, heck half the time i go back and read what i've written and even i'm confused! :hihi:

Click Quote on a post, then in the box select the whole text and cut it...

Then go back and click Quote on a different post, then in the box paste the text of the first quote...

Gregs
May 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM
ahhh nifty thanks!

mr.prick
May 13th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Click the ""+ box for the extra posts you want and the last post click the quote box.

ScarabEpic22
May 13th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Click the ""+ box for the extra posts you want and the last post click the quote box.

Thats the easiest way to do it!

Gregs, I highly doubt thats for the ETC stuff...Ive been under the impression the PCM takes care of the ETC stuff like it does on my P10 (and E40, E38, E67s).

joecar
May 14th, 2010, 03:36 AM

Thats the easiest way to do it!

I didn't know that...:doh2:...learn something every day... :rockon:

Gregs
May 14th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Gregs, I highly doubt thats for the ETC stuff...Ive been under the impression the PCM takes care of the ETC stuff like it does on my P10 (and E40, E38, E67s).

i wouldn't be surprised if your right, the gm guy didn't seem like he knew a lot.

joecar
May 14th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Looks like it might be the TAC (Throttle Actuator Control) module... item 1 in last pic.

ScarabEpic22
May 14th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Looks like it might be the TAC (Throttle Actuator Control) module... item 1 in last pic.

Apparently so!:help2:

joecar
May 14th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Show the technician the damage, get him to fix the wiring, and to check out the functioning TAC and PCM and anything else on the serial bus...

It might be worthwhile to find a dealership where the technicians are familiar with this (how many trucks does GM sell...?).

Gregs
May 15th, 2010, 01:52 AM
here is the quote, its a lot less than i thought it was going to be

joecar
May 15th, 2010, 08:45 AM
What are the 24 connectors...?

Gregs
May 15th, 2010, 02:44 PM
no idea, i'm on vacation in Florida right now and won't be back in town till the 25th...hopefully it will be done by then.