PDA

View Full Version : LMM-dsp5 time delay

killerbee
May 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM
On earlier ecm's there is an adjustable time delay for switching, as I recall.

Is there any chance we can get that on Bosch DSP5? The instant change is creating some problems with some switches, mainly the type where between switch detents, the main tune defaults. It would be helpful. :)

GMPX
May 13th, 2010, 12:44 PM
No, won't be revisiting DSP for Bosch. Use debounce caps on the switch if it's an issue.

killerbee
May 13th, 2010, 12:49 PM
you win some, you lose some.

69camaro5speed
June 3rd, 2010, 02:06 PM
ok I am having the same problem with the switch I have. voltage spikes up and down power doesnt change seems like it must be going to first tune.so what is (debounce caps on the switch)?

killerbee
June 3rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Nobody is going to build a switch that way, fwiw. The fleet of C.B.'s built for this effort were conceived with the original (pre-bosch) time delay options.

I have several years worth of boards that will have to be sold before a new design will come along.

bballer182
June 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
]Nobody is going to build a switch that way, fwiw[/COLOR]. The fleet of C.B.'s built for this effort were conceived with the original (pre-bosch) time delay options.

I have several years worth of boards that will have to be sold before a new design will come along.

Build them what way? with capacitors?

killerbee
June 3rd, 2010, 02:31 PM
Keylock, for example is a 2-layer board, with half the surface area of the knob switches. 5 resistors is challenge aplenty.

bballer182
June 3rd, 2010, 02:39 PM
granted, mine aren't key-locked or circuit boarded but i managed to build mine with de-bounce capacitors.

69camaro5speed
June 3rd, 2010, 03:17 PM
well i need to do some thing doesnt work this way