PDA

View Full Version : looking for allison tuner Lake Havasu AZ

yb normal
May 16th, 2010, 03:05 AM
I'm looking for help in tuning my Allison 2000 in my Dodge Cummins. All I want is a tuner that I can go to or help me over the phone.
My main problem is down shifting from 5->4 at to low of RPM to stay in the power range and not shift to 3->4 or 4->5 when pulling a hill with the fifth wheel in tow-haul.
I'm not to good on the computer, but learning. I would travel if needed. I live in Lake Havasu City, AZ.
I'm sure some of you would like to give me all sorts of crap over this convertion but thats why my I use Y B Normal as my handle.
:gossip:

THEFERMANATOR
May 16th, 2010, 03:31 AM
What is your exact set-up? Are you using the DESTROKED kit for the interface? Have you downloaded the stock OS out of the TCM yet? Is tow/haul working? Need some more info and we can walk you through it. If you have a V2 and have the stock OS out of the TCM, post it here and I can tweak it for you.

yb normal
May 16th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I do have the destroked unit. But for the other ? About downloaded stock os out or the TMC yet, I don't know.
I do have the FSP V1.2 and Commercial Scan&Tune and recieved it in May 2008.
I really don't know much how do do these thing I think I'm very lam about these things. I would rather have someone do it rather than me screwing it up.
Sorry, Todd

THEFERMANATOR
May 17th, 2010, 12:03 PM
You only have the software that came from DESTROKED so far? If so that is just for the interface box. You need FLASHSCAN V1 or V2 in order to read the tune and adjust it then flash it back in.

Tordne
May 17th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Just to let you know... It is quite probable that the Allison in your Dodge Cummins vehicle will not be supported by EFILive (even though we support the Allison in the Duramax).

Your best bet would be to find someone near you with EFILive and see if they can even communicate (read out) the Allison TCM.

yb normal
May 17th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Well I got gutsy yesterday and when for it. I did some tuning with the Flashscan that didn't make the tranny take a dump. One of the biggest problem I was having was down shift from 5->4. In the Part Throttle Downshift it was set at 62 MPH @100%TPS and 50 MPH @ 93.8%
We it would down shift at 50 MPH only so I changed the 93.8% to 60 MPH and to my JOY it shifted at 60. I am thinking that the TCM is not getting the 100% reading from TPS which reads 100% on the Destroked software. None of the WOT settings seem to work. I'm thinking the may be a problem in the conection with to much resistence.
I really don't know much about computers to be able to send any down loads or anything like that yet. Some day maybe.
I want to thank everyone who has writen anything in the forum, becasue It informed me of a lot. I spent quite a bit of time reading a bunch of the posts.
Thanks to Thefermanstor for wanting to help me.
I do live up to my handle of YB NORMAL.

Tordne
May 17th, 2010, 04:31 PM
So.. You're saying that you tuned an Alliston TCM controller in a Dodge Cummins using EFILive?

If so that is bloody fantastic news for us developing the Dodge Cummins support :)

yb normal
May 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I used a adapter from www.destroked.com which change the bellhousing to a chevy tranys. Also got all the computer parts from him also. I had to change the bell housing from a type 3 to the chevy one then it bolted right in behind the 5.9. Was not cheep but a lot stronger than the Dodge tranny. I pull a 29' fifthwheel and a jeep behind that on a trailer some. I'm just a bit over gross but it does well. Once I get my shift points down it going to be great.
The EFI unit works on the Allison 2000 just fine, I'm the only problem.

Tordne
May 17th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Oh. I was getting all excited here that the Dodge Cummins might have actually used an Allison transmission also. That would have been great for the product development guys :)

DURAtotheMAX
May 18th, 2010, 04:27 AM
So.. You're saying that you tuned an Alliston TCM controller in a Dodge Cummins using EFILive?

If so that is bloody fantastic news for us developing the Dodge Cummins support :)

all allison 1000/2000's use the same controller, doesnt matter if its in a GM pickup, ford F-650, International rollback wrecker, medium duty delivery truck, etc....

the allisont 1000/2000 never came (and never will come) behind the cummins in a dodge pickup... there are plenty of medium duty applications that use the allison 1000/2000 behind the 5.9/6.7 cummins though, UPS trucks, ford F-650's, etc...

THEFERMANATOR
May 18th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Soundds like you need to calibrate the TPS signal in the XFC box via the DESTROKED software for there XFC interface.