PDA

View Full Version : 4wd to 2wd os

NIK640
May 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a 2wd os. I took the stock transfer case out and put in a divorced NP205 and since it is a manual Tcase and there is no speed sensors, I would like to get rid of that part of the harness and make the messages go away on the dash.

ChipsByAl
May 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
What year vehicle? What messages? If the messages are from an active transfer case, you will need to deal with that module (TCCM).
Al

NIK640
May 21st, 2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah I guess the vehicle information would help.

It's a 2001 Chevy 2500HD 8.1L Allison tranny 4x4. I'm not sure which model tcase came with it but I replaced it with a divorced NP205. Since the 205 has not no speed sensor hook ups or the plugs that would normally activate the Tcase I'm getting the message "service 4 wheel drive" on my gauge cluster. the speed sensors I'm not so concerned about because I can just rig up an exciter ring on my drive shaft and still have those functioning. Let me know if u need anymore info about the truck. Thanks

ChipsByAl
May 21st, 2010, 02:25 PM
You could try and remove the TCCM and see if the message takes a hike. It is located in the dash behind the light and 4wd buttons. The PCM does need the VSS input.
Al