PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Time and need Help?

BowlingSS
November 20th, 2005, 10:08 AM
I am running Open Loop with COS 3. I am due inspection soon and need some help. I was told the P0103 MAF code will cause it to fail the ODBII inspection. I re-installed the MAF and hooked it back up but I still get the code. I know I need to change a few items but am not sure what. I was going to re-program my PCM with a old problem before open loop but thought if I could just change a couple of items it would be easier. What does everyone think? Anyone have this problem before inspection?

Will I need to go back to the stock OS to do this or can I just flash an old cal?

Bill

SS-1500
November 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Bill, give yourself time to go thru the drive cycle. You're only permitted one not ready on an 01.

BowlingSS
November 20th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Bill, give yourself time to go thru the drive cycle. You're only permitted one not ready on an 01.

The drive cycle is for the readiness tests but I am more worried about the P0130 code because of the OLSD.

Bill

GMPX
November 21st, 2005, 03:01 AM
You get yearly inspections, we get speed camera's on just about every road....are they out to get us all??.

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
November 21st, 2005, 04:21 AM
Just set any code to x that shows up. It will make you pass instantly. as long as you delete the correct codes for the readyness tests.

BowlingSS
November 21st, 2005, 09:33 AM
Just set any code to x that shows up. It will make you pass instantly. as long as you delete the correct codes for the readyness tests.

That is what I did. I setup a tune just for inspection. I tried it and no codes and all test completed right away. I will try it out in a day or so.

Bill

BowlingSS
November 22nd, 2005, 11:19 AM
Just passed the inspection. I will have to save this tune for next year.

Bill

TAQuickness
November 23rd, 2005, 09:13 PM
would you mind emailing me a copy of that tune? TAQuickness at Houston.RR.com

BowlingSS
November 24th, 2005, 05:08 AM
would you mind emailing me a copy of that tune? TAQuickness at Houston.RR.com

Tune sent.

Bill
:D

joecar
November 24th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Bill,

I am interested in seeing this also, appreciate if you email it to me also: joecar at socal dot rr dot com

Thanks, happy Thanksgiving,
Joe

BowlingSS
November 26th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Bill,

I am interested in seeing this also, appreciate if you email it to me also: joecar at socal dot rr dot com

Thanks, happy Thanksgiving,
Joe

Tune sent.

Bill

joecar
November 26th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Bill,
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Cheers
Joe
:beer pints clinking:

dfe1
November 30th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Bill-

Sorry to be a bother, but would you mind sending your tune to dfe1@usa.net. I've developed an "emissions tune" of my own, but I'm not sure it's the best way to go. I'd like to see your approach. Thanks.

Dave

BowlingSS
December 1st, 2005, 10:54 AM
Bill-

Sorry to be a bother, but would you mind sending your tune to dfe1@usa.net. I've developed an "emissions tune" of my own, but I'm not sure it's the best way to go. I'd like to see your approach. Thanks.

Dave

Sent Tune.

Bill