PDA

View Full Version : 2004 4L60E ????'s

GAMEOVER
May 24th, 2010, 03:50 AM
I'm installing/adapting a 2004 5.3ltr w/matching 4L60E trans into a 57' Chevy Nomad and my question is: Do I need to wire in the Transmission Range Switch Connector to the PCM for it to be able to shift/operate fine? Or will it operate fine just using the Grey 20 Pin plug that controls the shift solenoids?
I know i have to wire Pin 33 on blue connector to brake switch...

joecar
May 24th, 2010, 04:52 AM
I believe the engine calibration uses the transmission P/N switch to select the RAFIG or RAFPN idle air tables.

GAMEOVER
May 24th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I believe the engine calibration uses the transmission P/N switch to select the RAFIG or RAFPN idle air tables.

So, the transmission would shift fine without the range selector switch....

joecar
May 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Yes, it would shift fine.

GAMEOVER
May 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Do I need to wire these to the PCM or to actual switches? Or do I even need them?
The one's with the redline...:D

1)*Clutch Start Switch Signal*
2)*Park Neutral Position Switch*
3)*Back-Up Lamp Supply Voltage*

slow67
May 26th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Do I need to wire these to the PCM or to actual switches? Or do I even need them?
The one's with the redline...:D

1)*Clutch Start Switch Signal*
2)*Park Neutral Position Switch*
3)*Back-Up Lamp Supply Voltage*

Park Neutral Position Switch sends a ground the PCM when in Park or Neutral, the rest dont need to go the the PCM (Clutch Start Switch Signal is for 6 speeds). I wired mine in thru the aftermarket shifter I have (and used the short selector shaft on the transmission, mine is a 4L80E).

GAMEOVER
May 26th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Park Neutral Position Switch sends a ground the PCM when in Park or Neutral, the rest dont need to go the the PCM (Clutch Start Switch Signal is for 6 speeds). I wired mine in thru the aftermarket shifter I have (and used the short selector shaft on the transmission, mine is a 4L80E).

OK, I know I'm probably making this more difficult than it is...:shock:
I can wire up the Park Neutral Position Switch from the Range Selector switch located on the Transmission to the PCM and I'm good to go....

slow67
May 26th, 2010, 08:52 AM
OK, I know I'm probably making this more difficult than it is...:shock:
I can wire up the Park Neutral Position Switch from the Range Selector switch located on the Transmission to the PCM and I'm good to go....

Pretty much. It just adjusts the idle air for in gear and P/N (as Joe stated earlier).

I used 2 relays for mine (activated by the switch on the shifter) so that it wouldn't start in gear (one relay, 12V passing thru) and the other relay passes a ground to the PCM.

GAMEOVER
May 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks a bunch slow67 & Joe...it worked...:thumb_yello: