PDA

View Full Version : Sigh, at it again....

eboggs_jkvl
May 25th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I'm not messing with the Camaro any more and I've got new stuff to do.

I have a 2007 Corvette and I just did my first mod. Of course this type of mod on my old car was not a big deal. ON THIS car, I'm told that I might toss a lean code. I did a "Hurricane" CAI and now, after the mod, I find out it can toss codes. Hog swill!

Is there an easy, no wide band needed, way of enriching the a/f? Like a percentage adjustment to b1097 & 1098? I'm hoping it will be a tweak to swing the STFTs down to where a code will not puke and bring a CEL.

This is just a CAI! So, be gentle, but any support would be appreciated.

TIA,

Elmer

Doc
May 25th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Bring it on over to the shop and I'll show you how with your setup. Just cover the dyno pulls.

Doc

eboggs_jkvl
May 25th, 2010, 05:20 AM
That is MORE than fair. You have a deal. I'm heading out to Key West on Thursday and I figure if it's going to toss a code, this'll give it a reason. I'm taking my EFILive with me to reset any code that pops up. I'll contact you after I get back. Hells bells, it might not even toss a code.

Do you recommend I do a quick scan to see what the STFTs and LTFTs are? That might give me a "feel" for how much the CAI is affecting my A/F. Or should I just wait to see if it pukes a code?

Elmer

joecar
May 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Good deal...:cheers:...let us know how it goes.

Doc
May 25th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Can't hurt to take a peek. Have a safe trip this weekend. Your'e still a brave old buzzard headn' down there this weekend-LOL.

eboggs_jkvl
June 8th, 2010, 05:18 AM
11teen billion cops to and fro but I got through unticketed! Thank you V1!

Well, I ran that rascal down there and back without a code. Maybe my MAF and engine aren't too upset about the CAI. The gas mileage seemed to be the same so I might have skated on this one.

Elmer