PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when installing Ver7.3

VetPet
November 21st, 2005, 07:49 AM
I downloaded the new 7.3version of EFI and after I open the zipped file and try to install it by opening the EFILive_installer.exe file I get the following message, EFILive\Setup.exe was not found. I had no problem when I downloaded the new version to my desktop at home but today I tried to download it onto my laptop at work and that's when I got the error message. Can anyone tell me why I'm getting this message?

Thanks,
Tony

[/img]

Blacky
November 21st, 2005, 04:05 PM
Try unzipping the file in a folder directly on C drive, for example C:\Temp\V73

It may be that you have unzipped it in a folder such as
\My Documentes\Downloads which is a virtual directory and it may be confusing the installer.

After you unzipped the zip file, was a folder called EFILive created? And was there a Setup.exe file in that EFILive folder? That appears to be what the installer is not able to find.

Regards
Paul

VetPet
November 22nd, 2005, 07:56 AM
Okay now. This is getting spooky. I was finally able to download the new 7.3 version onto my laptop but not after considerable effort. I can't explain what the problem was but eventually it worked. Then I went to dowload the sae_generic.txt fix as I had done on my PC and saw that the fix was no longer in the download section. I assumed the file must have been fixed within the 7.3 download version so I went and created the same calc.pid on my laptop I had created on my desktop PC. Problem is, it doesn't show up under the PIDs tab in scan tool. Also, when I open scan tool, there are only 3 PIDs showing in the PID tab now. Is the sae_generic.txt file correct in the program now or should we still be downloading a fixed version and substituting it as was previously recommended in the downloads section?

:?

Blacky
November 22nd, 2005, 08:18 AM
The latest download has the corrected sae_generic.txt file included.
You only see three PIDs (probably the three external PIDs) because nothing has been validated yet.
Either hook up to a vehicle and validate the PIDs, or copy a previously validated PID list (*.vpl file) to your laptop.

The *.vpl files contain the PIDs that have been validated for the partial VIN that matches the *.vpl's file name. Each time EFILive hooks up to a vehicle it looks in the matching *.vpl file to see which PIDs are valid and which are not.
If no matching *.vpl file exists then no PIDs wil be vaild until a connection is made and the PIDs can be validated against a VIN.

If you don't have a connection to a vehicle, but you know the VIN and you have a valid *.vpl file for that VIN, then you can change the VIN in the Scan Tool (File->Enter VIN) and the PIDs will be validated against that VIN.

Regards
Paul

VetPet
November 23rd, 2005, 07:14 AM
I'm going to connect to my car to validate the PIDs. I hadn't saved my validated PID file (I'll make sure I do this time). I looked in the configuration file and did find the CALC.BAFN PID I'd created so I guess once I connect and validate everything should be o.k.

Thanks Paul,
Regards
Tony
:D