PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Codes?

Cougar281
May 27th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I just transplanted a LBZ into my 04, and have removed the EGR and grid heater. According to my V2, even though I disabled them in the ECM tune, I'm still getting a P0540 & P0405. According to my Tech2, the only code in the ECM is the APP2 DTC (P2128) That's due to me having the wrong pedal. The other "Ghost codes" I have gotten with my V2 that did not exist according to my Tech2 are wheel speed sensor codes (C0035 & C0040). Any ideas why the V2 is detecting these codes but the Tech2 says all is good?

bballer182
May 27th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I've seen these wheel speed sensor codes before too and they were also on and 05 but they popped up one time along with a bunch of U100X codes with them and never seen them since.

DURAtotheMAX
May 28th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Dave as I understood it, the bosch ECM's are weird in the way they handle DTC reporting...even if set to not report, they still run the diagnostics for some reason and still report a ghost code in the background, but they just now wont turn on the MIL or cause any reduced engine power or strange operating characterisitcs...but it still knows "its not there"....it cant be told to "completely ignore it and remove all references that the EGR even existed" in the code...

Ross would have to clarify that though.

killerbee
May 30th, 2010, 03:09 AM
no expert on what you are pioneering, but the pedal may be more of an issue than first thought or understood.

Just a thought.