PDA

View Full Version : Virtual dash and ALDL not working

VSDRIVER
May 29th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hey all

i have a VS V8 and ive spent so much time trying to get it to work and when i finally do the dash and ALDL function does not work as its greyed out, how do i fix this ???

Cheers

Tordne
May 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM
The Evaluation version has some limitations (naturally). They can be reviewed in the documentation (under the menu: Help->Help F1), then follow the links: Release notes -> Pro vs Eval. Does this sound like what you're seeing?

VSDRIVER
May 29th, 2010, 10:02 PM
no, i plugged it into a mates VN and the dash and ALDL features worked perfectly but when i plug it into the VS the boxes are grayed out and i get no reading what so ever.

VSDRIVER
May 29th, 2010, 10:54 PM
ok a bit of an update, i uninstalled EFILIVE V4 and reinstalled in on my laptop and on my desktop, on the laptop the ALDL and the DASH are greyed out but on the desktop its coloured, what could be causing this??

Tordne
May 30th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I trust you are using the correct vehicle definition file for the different vehicles?

Does the VS have a stock chip (or aftermarket)? Reason I ask is that we have seen occasions where a modified chip does not behave like a standard one and EFILive V4 will not communicate with it.

Also not sure what you mean by "coloured on the desktop"? Do you mean the Windows Desktop or just the EFILive V4 application window?

VSDRIVER
May 30th, 2010, 01:56 PM
oh sorry i ment the desktop computer compaired to the laptop, on the laptop they are grayed out, ive tryed both standered and aftermarket chips