PDA

View Full Version : Now I can officially say the car is tuned by EFIlive :)

kp
November 21st, 2005, 01:14 PM
Went for one last heads up race of the year last weekend and was able to use Flashscan to tune my car this time 8) . Won the race, it was draggin for toys charity event and there was about 30 of the faster local street cars around in the class I ran in. First 3 passes are trying to get the car to hook on a very slippery cold track. By taking out some timing and adding some fuel in the right spots I was able to take out enough power to get the car down the track pretty well for the next 5 rounds of eliminations. I was going to go to an aftermarket ECU when I step things up a little next year but decided to stay with the stock PCM and run a impedence converter for low-z injectors instead.

Glad that you guys stuck with geting the 98s done, the cable swap to tune the car was a pain at the track since the 'other' tuner was serial and I had to carry (and worry about forgetting) around the stupid USB-serial adapter and fighting with that thing.

Anyhow, all 5 passes from Saturday here, didnt have a real hot tune in it but it still tied the best it ever ran in the 1/8:

http://video.ls1tech.com/Player.aspx?fileid=2616B336-6080-4438-B482-875D17359FA0

Scoota
November 21st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Impressive stuff Kevin.
You'll have to get the Mph figures for us.

Cheers Scotty.

kp
November 21st, 2005, 04:13 PM
Impressive stuff Kevin.
You'll have to get the Mph figures for us.

Cheers Scotty.

between 111.11 and 113.32, It was spinning pretty bad and the mph was higher with a little more agressive tune. When I backed it down a little it was running close to 111mph every pass

joecar
November 21st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Good work, very well done.

MN C5
November 21st, 2005, 10:41 PM
Fun to watch...