PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all I need help with updating my V2

BLU BYU
May 31st, 2010, 02:28 PM
So my dumb ass decided to up date my V2 and that little message that tells you don't interrupt this process, well guess what I did and now I can't figure out how to finish the update. Every time I plug in the V2 to my computer it does the two flash led's, but it will not update it. :damnit1: So any help would be awesome!

ScarabEpic22
May 31st, 2010, 04:31 PM
OK, as long as you have the 2 amber LEDs alternating, you should be good. Plug your V2 in and open up EFILive Explorer, click the Firmware tab on the far right. Click Browse, scroll to the bottom and look for the latest firmware (as of 5-31-10 that is 2.06.35, starts with FS_ for FlashScan). Click Open, then click program. Wait for the V2 to reboot, and you should be good to go. Then use EFILive Scan & Tune to load the BBx stuff you need.

joecar
May 31st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Also read this thru, it explains all about the two flashing amber LEDs (dead poll mode).

BLU BYU
June 1st, 2010, 03:50 AM
OK, as long as you have the 2 amber LEDs alternating, you should be good. Plug your V2 in and open up EFILive Explorer, click the Firmware tab on the far right. Click Browse, scroll to the bottom and look for the latest firmware (as of 5-31-10 that is 2.06.35, starts with FS_ for FlashScan). Click Open, then click program. Wait for the V2 to reboot, and you should be good to go. Then use EFILive Scan & Tune to load the BBx stuff you need.

Ok I did this and once its done doing the job does the blue led light come on and a window pops up and says it has been updated? Question I have pos vista and I see the flashscan v2 on the bottom right of the screen and a pop up keeps on telling me after the v2 has been up dated that "connected device is not responding ensure boot block is v2 2.05.xx or later", then I click on it and it brings me to the efilive control panel where it says flashscan v2 is connected and it gives the version of bootblock 2.05.04 and firmware 2.06.35. My boot block is 2.05.04 and says it needs to be updated to 2.06.03 so I go to update it and I get this message the boot block cannot be reprogrammed while in "dead-poll" mode. To exit "dead-poll" mode, power the device off then on, or re-program the firmware. So I don't know what they mean by power off the device so I go and update the firmware again. But it will not do anything. :help2:

Also read this thru, it explains all about the two flashing amber LEDs (dead poll mode).

So how do you get out off dead-poll mode? :shock:

joecar
June 1st, 2010, 05:30 AM

So how do you get out off dead-poll mode? :shock:
Dead poll mode means the bootblock was just flashed into the V2 and the V2 is now waiting for the firmware to be flashed in.

BLU BYU
June 1st, 2010, 07:14 AM
So what am I not getting then? Because it says that I need to update my boot block 2.06.03 but its not letting me do it. It also says that the firmware version is ok. So what am I doing wrong and what am I not understanding then .:throw: :crash:

Ira
June 1st, 2010, 07:19 AM
You got in that place! Someone didn't follow the directions. There is a file that will let you fix this:

www.FishTuning.com/downloads/BootRecover.zip
www.FishTuning.com/downloads/EFILiveRecovery.zip

They are supposed to be the same so if the first one doesn't work, try the other. Please follow the directions or it will cost you shipping to and from someone to fix it for you.

Ira

BLU BYU
June 1st, 2010, 07:25 AM
Thank you very much sir!

BLU BYU
June 1st, 2010, 07:45 AM
Yep that aint working! I can fine the 05_15 in the upper left of the efilive explore but I can't fine it in the browse button. I tried typing it in and says that isn't a valid firmware. So who wants it?

Tordne
June 1st, 2010, 08:52 AM
Send me an email to support@efilive.com and I'll see if I can help you out. It is rare that we can't recover these in the field.

joecar
June 1st, 2010, 10:37 AM
Also post some screenshots of EFILive Explorer here.

joecar
June 1st, 2010, 10:41 AM
Did you copy those files to this folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware...?

BLU BYU
June 1st, 2010, 11:18 AM
Also post some screenshots of EFILive Explorer here.

I don't know how to do that. I google it, and did how they said how to do it and when I get to the screen to where you turn that option on I get nothing for me to check to turn it on.

Did you copy those files to this folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware...?

No I'm also unsure how to do that. Im pretty much useless when it comes to this $hit.

joecar
June 1st, 2010, 11:54 AM
Screenshorts see here: showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image-%28see-next-post-for-Attaching-instead%29 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image-%28see-next-post-for-Attaching-instead%29)