PDA

View Full Version : Can't get stock tune downloaded on laptop

Devil_Z
June 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
So i've tried a variety of ways. I've done it w/out pulling fuses w/ and w/out the keys button clicked and ive done it with every variation of pulling the radio and info fuse. If i pull the info fuse and leave the radio fuse in it will start the download and get stuck somewhere between 5k and 51k. At any time if the radio fuse is pulled the laptop wont even make it through the status check. I've also checked to make sure i didn't have any blown fuses so I not in a very pleasant mood right now because I can't get this damn thing to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My truck is a late model '04 with an aftermarket stereo, but i have the wiring chime harness thing.

Thanks,
Brett

JustinD
June 2nd, 2010, 02:31 AM
LLY's are the worst, keep trying, make sure the doors are closed all the lights are off, anything that communicates will disrupt it. Try restarting the laptop, open EFI, then plug it in, the open the file. I have had these issues before also. Check to make sure no one has used the OBDII port to jump power for anything, I have been trying a truck that has a Compu car alarm, they used the OBD port for power it wasn't cooperating with me either.

Good luck.

Devil_Z
June 2nd, 2010, 02:51 AM
Well the truck was a work truck so its barebones. Only thing is I have an aftermarket stereo, but i even tried taking out the head unit and its still not working. The computer has been on/off multiple times. One of the cig lighters doesn't work but the fuse is just fine. So I can't really think of anything else at this point. Starting to get extremely frustrating.

ScarabEpic22
June 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Pull all radio related fuses, aftermarket radios and adapters are HORRIBLE at following the proper bus comm protocol for shutting communication off (read, they dont at all and stay active when they shouldnt).