PDA

View Full Version : Allison BBL

DURAtotheMAX
June 2nd, 2010, 01:28 AM
Has anyone tried black box logging 5-speed Allison's? I have all of my PIDs configured, and all of the data reads out correctly when I use the black box scanning (when I view live data), but the V2 never seems to record correctly. I just get a 2kb log file that doesnt contain any data?? Am I doing something stupid or have other people had issues with this??

thanks
Ben

DURAtotheMAX
June 2nd, 2010, 01:30 AM
here is a log file.

DURAtotheMAX
June 2nd, 2010, 01:33 AM
and my options.txt pid file

DURAtotheMAX
June 2nd, 2010, 03:13 AM
it seems like it logs 1 or 2 frames, and then hangs up? The live data still reads correctly, but it just stops recording/logging.

ECM recording/logging works fine...I dont think its a TCM problem because a couple of my ECM pid selections also include some data from the TCM such as TCC slip etc.. and it logs that just fine???

I tried unhooking my aftermarket ipod adapter also, just to rule out it perhaps causing issues on the databus, but still no luck. :confused:

ben

DURAtotheMAX
June 2nd, 2010, 04:12 AM
ok I kinda figured it out. When I setup my PID selections in V8, my "allison logging" PID is set so that the LLY ECM is the "1st module" and the Allison TCM is the "2nd module". If I set the Allison TCM to "1st module", then I can black box record with the V2 and it doesnt lock up.

But if I select Allison TCM as the 1st module, I cant select anything as the 2nd module.

Being able to only log the TCM is kind of limiting, because there are several main PIDs that I would really like to log that arent "supported" by the TCM...only by the ECM. Being able to log things such as VSS, fuel rate, throttle base fuel, and "max engine torque" while also logging the normal TCM stuff (shift timing, gear, TCC slip, TCC duty cycle etc) is really useful. Not being able to log VSS when you are only scanning the TCM is the main thing...

I assumed maybe it was some databus limitation...but then again im not over the allowable amount of "channel allocation per module" in the V8 PID selection screen.

And also...on the LLY_AL5 pid selection, the one that comes with V8, it has some TCM stuff in there such as TCC slip and 'gear'.......and I dont have any problem black box recording that....so I would think that the V2 is certainly capable of logging both??

And how come with my custom TCM logging PID selection (the one that stalls after recording the 2nd frame), I can READ out live data just fine ("display data") from both modules....its only when I go to "RECORD DATA" that it gets hung up??? Im confused...!

ben

Cougar281
June 2nd, 2010, 05:28 AM
My guess would be a firmware bug... It worked fine for me in the past.

Unfortunately, I can't test LLY/AL5 any more :D

bballer182
June 2nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Very interesting problem you have there Ben. Like Cougar said i would bet it's a firmware bug. I have BBL'd an '05 TCM and ECM at the same time with a custom PID selection.

Try this, remove one TCM pid at a time and see if one of those pids is hanging you up.

On my '06 if i log any of the FPR pids it makes my APP_D not read correctly. take them out and all the sudden my APP_D works just fine.

DURAtotheMAX
June 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
figured it out...apparently it doesnt like having the list of PIDs not "organized nicely".

What I did was first list all of the ECM PIDs I wanted to log on the list, then put the TCM PIDs on the bottom half of the list. Then it worked fine...go figure?? :confused:

bballer182
June 2nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
interesting to say the least