PDA

View Full Version : New with EFI Live.. help tunning..

05gmcsierra
June 2nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone, just got EFI Live and well dont know how to tune at all. i know how to do data logging and minor changes like wheel size, gears, idle temp, adjust shift points etc. but obiously that doesnt do much tunning to the vehicle. i have a gmc sierra 5.3 with a cam.. it has already been tunned by Justin at Blackbear... now i want to start learning how to do it on my own.. i know many of you dont have time to tell me step by step so if you can direct me to a site or any pdf files that have a good explanation of how to tune and what steps to take that would be great. i dont mind reading and learning on my own.. but if any will give me the basics that would be great.. i mostly want to tune a couple of friends trucks.. they are 5.3 with minor bolt ons.. the only one that has more to it is a 5.7 cammed with lt headers, intake, throttle body and intake manifold... anyone???? thanks for any help...

5.7ute
June 2nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
For the basics Greg Banish's book I believe is required reading. (Eficalibrator on this site)
Other than that, on this site look up AutoVe tuning & check out the tutorials in the tune tool. From this ask questions & the people on here will be certain to help.
BTW welcome aboard. Expect a steep learning curve.

05gmcsierra
June 2nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
5.7ute thank you for the reply.. and yes im eager to learn and ready for big headaches... now i just looked at the AutoVE tunning tutorial and i think i can do that.. now one quick question for anyone that can answer me.. i know its going off what has been logged now how long of a log do i need to do?

joecar
June 2nd, 2010, 02:19 PM
05gmcsierra, welcome :cheers:

More info, follow links in my sig and see my profile page.

What 5.7ute said, read and ask questions.

A 20 minute log should do... try to be steady/progressive on the throttle, this will give better data (i.e. the AutoVE BEN transient filter will throw away less data).

Do you have FlashScan V1 or V2...?

:)

05gmcsierra
June 2nd, 2010, 02:33 PM
ok i get it.. and after looking at some tutorials i c what pids to select when logging for the AutoVE... 20 mins of nice logging.. go that and i also learned how to copy the chart from the logged data and insert it into the tune section... and well dont want to ask any more question i will go ahead and read the info posted on ur sig.. then i will come back its just going to take me a while since i just looked at it and its ALOT... lol.. i have V2

5.7ute
June 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Once you work out a methodical approach it will all come to you easily enough.
As Joe said a 20 minute log will be fine. However you can get away with a smaller log once you improve on your driving & filtering techniques.