PDA

View Full Version : 03 Truck support

BigTex
January 14th, 2005, 10:35 AM
I ordered my Flashscan upgrade last week, I can't wait to get it. My primary vehicle is a 2003 Silverado SS, VIN: 2GCEK19N331xxxxxx

I looked at the supported PCM calibration list and see 12579405 listed as the 2003 Silverado PCM. Today I notice my truck has PCM# 12580786 as shown in EFILive.

Is this number the physical PCM part number or the specific calibration loaded on it?

I had ls1edit fail on a tune last year and had the dealership reinstall the factory program with a TECH2. Would that have altered the PCM #?

Thanks for any insight.

Richard

m396 #00-011
January 14th, 2005, 02:54 PM
:!: I would like to know too. I expect my FS to be at home waiting on me tonight.....

Steve Bryant
January 14th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Jason,
Did you get your FlashScan yet?

Steve

Steve Bryant
January 14th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Guys,
I looked up the tune from the repository site http://stealthv.nitro-nights.com/tunes.htm that Rick set up and it appears that the OS for the 2003 is 12579405.

Hope that this helps.

Steve

BigTex
January 14th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Steve - reread my original post. I saw that 12579405 file listed, but noticed that I have a different number.

Funny thing, I have the exact same 2003 truck that sinisterss has. The Silverado SS is built in only one plant, and had a short production run of about 10K vehicles in 2003 and wasn't offered for sale until spring of 03. I would assume I had the same PCM as sinisterss.

GMPX
January 15th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I looked at the supported PCM calibration list and see 12579405 listed as the 2003 Silverado PCM. Today I notice my truck has PCM# 12580786 as shown in EFILive.

Is this number the physical PCM part number or the specific calibration loaded on it?

I had ls1edit fail on a tune last year and had the dealership reinstall the factory program with a TECH2. Would that have altered the PCM #?

Thanks for any insight.

Richard

Richard,

Those part numbers are an indicator to tell you what program version the PCM is running, the calibrations are then defined by that version.
Now, the weird thing is, entering in a 2003 SS VIN into the GM Cal ID website, that number you have does not show up anywhere.

We don't have support for that program right now, never mind, you will still be able to read the file out, then send us a copy so we can get you underway. I am interested to see just what is in it.

Cheers,
Ross

BigTex
January 15th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks Ross. I kinda figured that once I had the dealership recover the PCM that it received a new version. It works with my LS1Edit, but I'd ready to drop that. I was order 79 for the flashscan and missed out on the first shipment. It will be several weeks before I can send you my file in flashscan format. I can however send you an Edit file if that would work.

If needed, I'll get another PCM with the supported operating system.