PDA

View Full Version : Tables for reduced power mode

MadMaxHSV
June 7th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Having recently rebuilt and supercharged my LS2 i've got a good base tune running.
However I had the misfortune to trip 'reduced power mode' due to one of the tables being out (MAP change vs Throttle Pos). Reduced power mode however had the effect of cutting nearly all fuel and wouldn't even idle (AFR went free-air down the motorway...)
I've resolved the table issue that triggered it, but my question is what does this mode reference to operate 'reduced power'. As I would like to ensure that if it does hit it again for some reason it won't kill the engine. I could only find one table entry that states commanded fuel at lambda 1 which shouldn't have been an issue.
For reference i'm on at E40 running the 2 BAR COS with a SD tune.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

GMPX
June 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Reduced power should just limit the throttle, not cause a massive AFR lean out.

MadMaxHSV
June 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Reduced power should just limit the throttle, not cause a massive AFR lean out.

hmmm, car wouldn't even idle until I cleared the code, completely killed the engine. Could this be an issue with the 2BAR COS or running SD?

odd boy
June 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Send me the file I will make it for you. It is all about the MAP/ETC limits and expected air flow.

MadMaxHSV
June 7th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Send me the file I will make it for you. It is all about the MAP/ETC limits and expected air flow.

Thanks for the offer. I've happily changed the tables to prevent reduced power mode for the same reason. (The LS9 tune has some good starting values)

What i'm more interested in is how I make reduced power mode safe if it is ever triggered again. It must be referencing something to know how to 'reduce power'.