PDA

View Full Version : Problems tuning the TCM.

duramaximizer
June 7th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Is anyone else having problems tuning TCM's? I keep getting an error message, something to the effect that "EFI Live did not make the changes to the program that is running so therefore this is an unsafe procedure." Then it aborts loading the tune into the truck.

Blacky
June 7th, 2010, 11:48 PM
What is the exact error message?
Regards
Paul

duramaximizer
June 8th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Cannot determine TCM's flash memory size. This was doing a full reflash, and trying to go from a stock tune on 15827766 OS to a modified shift point tune on 25821031.

Then sometimes it gives me:

Efilive has detected changes in data that were not made by efilive. Please check your system for viruses, spyware or other hostile software that may be responsible for corrupting Efilive's data. To prevent the faulty data being flashed in any PCM and the associated potential for failure, Efilive will not allow this corrupt data to be saved. If you have made important changes that you wish to keep, then open another Tuning Tool session and copy/paste that data to the other session.
If this problem persists,please report it to: support@efilive.com and quote this code: 1F7144

bballer182
June 8th, 2010, 10:12 AM
If this is on the truck in your sig (LMM with 6 speed alli) you cannot full flash the TCM yet. that will be released in BBFF for our TCMs

Blacky
June 8th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Cannot determine TCM's flash memory size. This was doing a full reflash, and trying to go from a stock tune on 15827766 OS to a modified shift point tune on 25821031.
Which trans?

Efilive has detected changes in data that were not made by efilive. Please check your system for viruses, spyware or other hostile software that may be responsible for corrupting Efilive's data. To prevent the faulty data being flashed in any PCM and the associated potential for failure, Efilive will not allow this corrupt data to be saved. If you have made important changes that you wish to keep, then open another Tuning Tool session and copy/paste that data to the other session.
If this problem persists,please report it to: support@efilive.com and quote this code: 1F7144

That error occurs when EFILive detects that the calibration data in the PC's memory has been modified by something other than EFILive.

EFILive keeps multiple copies of the calibration in memory and whenever the EFILive software updates the calibration data it updates the copies as well. If any copy becomes different from the other(s) then this error is displayed. The only way for one copy to be different is if that copy was modified by some other application or bug/failure of EFILive or Windows or the PC hardware itself. Make sure you're using the latest update of the EFILive software (to eliminate the "bug in EFILive" possibility).

Has your PC been behaving strangely? Crashing or rebooting for no apparent reason? Applications freezing up or just terminating? Unexplained error messages? Features that sometimes don't work like copy/paste? Any of those symptoms could indicate some form of malicous code running on your PC. Or it could be a hardware/memory fault.

Regards
Paul

duramaximizer
June 10th, 2010, 04:41 AM
If this is on the truck in your sig (LMM with 6 speed alli) you cannot full flash the TCM yet. that will be released in BBFF for our TCMs

My truck 07.5 Allison.

Which trans?

That error occurs when EFILive detects that the calibration data in the PC's memory has been modified by something other than EFILive.

EFILive keeps multiple copies of the calibration in memory and whenever the EFILive software updates the calibration data it updates the copies as well. If any copy becomes different from the other(s) then this error is displayed. The only way for one copy to be different is if that copy was modified by some other application or bug/failure of EFILive or Windows or the PC hardware itself. Make sure you're using the latest update of the EFILive software (to eliminate the "bug in EFILive" possibility).

Has your PC been behaving strangely? Crashing or rebooting for no apparent reason? Applications freezing up or just terminating? Unexplained error messages? Features that sometimes don't work like copy/paste? Any of those symptoms could indicate some form of malicous code running on your PC. Or it could be a hardware/memory fault.

Regards
Paul

No, I get this message on all allison TCM's. It just depends on the day whether it acts up. My computer is acting fine. It seems to be when I try to change an entire table to a single value. Say for example I am trying to right a TCM tune for a DYNO and I want the truck to be in 4th gear the majority of the time. I go to the 3-4 shift WOT and Part Throttle tables and click on the upper left hand grey square to highlight all of the square to change them at the same time to say 20mph, the next time I go to save this tune is when I get the calibration change not made by EFI Live. If I go back to the original tune and make 1 change at a time and save as I go, it seems to be Okay with the changes. It has to do with changing multiple tabels at the same time.

Blacky
June 10th, 2010, 09:05 AM
If you can cause that error to happen every time you perform a know sequence of changes, then please let me know. Until the error can be repeatedly reproduced it can't be fixed.
Regards
Paul

lbz07
August 13th, 2012, 12:42 AM
I am also trying out tuning on the trans, i have an older tune from my previous duramax but need a stock tcm tune with the 25821031 os. Could anyone here possibly be able to help me out with one of these?

Thanks

cindy@efilive
August 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Have you checked the various tune libraries? Try www.tunefiledepot.com or any of the larger diesel forums all have EFILive tuning libraries - DieselPlace, Duramax Diesels, Duramax Forum etc.

Cheers
Cindy