PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure this limiter out?

LBZoom
June 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Hello,

Working on a 2005 LLY for a buddy of mine, he has my scantool in another state so I'm doing my best to help from afar...

Can't figure out why this tune is being limited...I've searched and searched for 2 weeks, KillerBee suggested B0733 due to a code, as it turns out my buddy did have several codes related to turbocharger sensors...thought we struck gold so I disabled the sensors tripping the codes and still no change...possible though that he didn't do the full flash correctly...

Here's a log prior to disabling the sensors, don't have a more current log but he says it's acting the same anyhow, I've got the MAF error allowed turned up high enough that it can't possibly be the limiter, and all limiters in the trans are disabled also, and RPM/torque limiters in the ECM are disabled, perhaps it's the CAN messages? I hadn't disabled those yet but I have now and have yet to test it again though. Here's a log and the tune... Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

The Neens
June 10th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Look at B0748, 0749, 0750 and all of the Main Injection Pulse (no pilot) tables and I think you'll find it...

bballer182
June 10th, 2010, 12:59 PM
You are obviously being limited by Stage 1 fuel limit. B0733

Take a look at P0234, C0805. Clear the codes regardless of whether EFI says they are there or not. adjust these two tables.

The Neens
June 10th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Look at B0748, 0749, 0750 and all of the Main Injection Pulse (no pilot) tables and I think you'll find it...

I always modify B0732-0736, but the reason I suggested this is that the Main Injection Pulse (with pilot) tables are modified, but the Main Injection Pulse (no pilot) tables are stock...Thought that might be causing some trouble...

killerbee
June 13th, 2010, 02:16 AM
commanded vs actual boost disparity, causing underboost code and stage 1 limp. :) Allowable diff was 5.1 psi, actual diff was 6 psi. (20-14)

bballer182
June 14th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Figure it out or what?

LBZoom
June 14th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Somewhat, I'm glad Neens mentioned the pulse tables bc I hadn't caught that yet, but the allowed undersboost is what was causing it mostly as Killerbee stated. I had the boost tables set higher down low than what I know the truck was capable of because I wanted to ensure it would spool as fast as possible. Instead of changing the boost table, I just increased the allowable difference and it helped a bunch. He said it's still a bit lagging up to 55mph but then it comes alive so we still have a little tweaking. Thanks for all the help! I'm awaiting his most recent log file thought...