View Full Version : Issues with the latest BBL

turbo_bu
June 10th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I have found a few problems with the BBL portion of the recent V8 release:

EFILive Scan and Tune 8.1.2.97
Flash Scan V2
Boot Block - 2.06.03
Firmware - 2.06.35

1 - On P12A vehicles (Atlas I4/I5/I6), the knock retard PID has changed from KR to KNKRET. When selecting a group with this in it, the V2 shows and error code of $0283 No such PID. This prevents any logging / displaying of data since it does not know what to do with KNKRET. Interestly enough, if you put in KR instead of KNKRET, the V2 will log OK (no $0283 error), but it will not show KR or log it. Using my older version of BBL (~ May 2008), I was able to log knock retard using the KR PID.

2 - On P11M vehicles (97-01 PCM and 02+ 4 Cylinder), there is no RPM PID listed. I know that this worked before, since I have successfully logged RPM data. Funny enough, looking back at the original PID descriptions for the P11M (~ May 2008) that I have used, it appears as though it was not in there. I do know that if I added it to the list, it worked. I went ahead and manually added it this time to the options.txt file, but it does not show RPM or log it.

3 - Trying to log some transmission and engine data on a LS1B (99 6L). For what ever reason, this combination of PID's causes the BBL to start logging, but then not write any data to the SD card. I have been able to log other vehicles (LB7 diesel) successfully without any issues to the same SD card. Wondering if there is something else wrong with the ls1b.pmm file or maybe my selection of PID's.

; (LSX|TrqRd)
*PSL_01
;
;Node PID Custom (Cap:Units:Prec:Fact:Offs:Inv) Alarm (min:max:style:time*10ms:hold*sec)
;---- ---------------- ----------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
PCM, TP
PCM, VSS
PCM, RPM
PCM, GEAR
PCM, MAP
PCM, SPARKADV
PCM, KR
PCM, EST_TRQ_M
PCM, EST_XMSN_M
PCM, TRQENG
PCM, TRQTRANS
PCM, TFMPRS
PCM, TCCMODE
PCM, TCCDC
PCM, TCCSLIP
PCM, TFT
PCM, SHIFTERR
PCM, SHIFTDELAY

Total PID count = 24 channels

Don't know if anyone else has had any of these problems. Please post up if you are seeing the same issues that I am.

joecar
June 10th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Please post your Options.txt file.

:)

turbo_bu
June 10th, 2010, 03:40 AM
Here is a copy of my Options.txt file.

You can see where I have manually added the KR and RPM to the P12A and P11M lists.

Ninety8C5
June 10th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Try removing the commas after the first two LS1B_A PID choices (LSX|TRqRd & LSX|Timing). I don't think you need them.

LSX|TrqRd, Y, LS1B_A,
LSX|Timing, Y, LS1B_A,
LSX|CALC VE, Y, LS1B_A
LB7|Auto, Y, LB7&AL5

Tordne
June 10th, 2010, 02:27 PM
OK...

1) There is no KR PID currently in the P12[A|M] files so we will need to add this and release an update.

2) There is no RPM PID currently in the P11[A|M] files so again we'll need to add and release an update. It is an SAE PID, so "should" be no problem.

3) I could not reproduce an issue here. I used your Option.txt file and managed to BBL from an LS1 controller (admittedly on the bench). I left your file unmodified with the ',' characters at the end of the lines as noted in previous post and this did not effect operation for me.

turbo_bu
June 11th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Thank you for such a quick reply. Unfortunately, the LS1 thing is the one that is currently bugging me. I have tried to log with this same set of PID's several times and each time is shows the correct values on the V2, but does not write them to the BBL file. When I go to download the data, all that is there is a file with the correct name (LS1_0012.efi) and has the PID names in it but NO data (file size of like 2K). Not sure it makes any difference, but this is on a 1999 K2500 Silverado 6L 4L80E truck.

I have a couple of other sets of PIDs that I can try next to see if it's just this grouping or not.

Tordne
June 11th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Hey Joe,

Are you able to test that Options.txt on your LS1? I have LS1 controllers but they are on bench harnesses now so I can't actually key on on log real data :(

joecar
June 11th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I can test it later today...

Blacky
June 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM
1 - On P12A vehicles (Atlas I4/I5/I6), the knock retard PID has changed from KR to KNKRET. When selecting a group with this in it, the V2 shows and error code of $0283 No such PID. This prevents any logging / displaying of data since it does not know what to do with KNKRET. Interestly enough, if you put in KR instead of KNKRET, the V2 will log OK (no $0283 error), but it will not show KR or log it. Using my older version of BBL (~ May 2008), I was able to log knock retard using the KR PID.

The correct knock PID defined for the P12 is KNKRET.
If you have that PID selected for BBL and FlashScan still gives a "PID not supported" error, can you please save a trace file on the FlashScan device, then copy the trace file from FlashScan to your PC using EFILive Explorer and email it to me at paul@efilive.com, thanks.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 13th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Interestly enough, if you put in KR instead of KNKRET, the V2 will log OK (no $0283 error), but it will not show KR or log it. Using my older version of BBL (~ May 2008), I was able to log knock retard using the KR PID.

I have added the KR PID to the list of supported PIDs for the P12. It may be that some P12's used KR and some used KNKRET (the one I am testing on here uses KNKRET).
At least you'll be able to try the KR PID. It will be available in the next updated. Please report back whether it works or not on your P12.

Regards
Paul