PDA

View Full Version : corrupted data/tune

limited cv8r
June 10th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Tried to clear some DTC's a couple of days ago,car was running fine up to this point,clicked the clear DTC's icon in scan tool,car coughed , farted ,then died. Had to hold throttle open to get car to start, car would not idle,surged and carried on like a POS. Had to full flash a known good tune to RR to get it to run right.Any one else had any dramas with RR and corrupted tunes?

Tordne
June 10th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I've not seen anything like that reported previously. When I had the LS1 I ran a RR in the car full time for probably 2 odd years and the only issue I had was the known issue of have a powered laptop. I would probably never ave cleared DTCs on it though; have you done that before without issue?

5.7ute
June 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I have had a strange issue where I flashed in the tune and the car ran like crap. Read the tune out & couldnt find a fault. Reflashed the same tune back in & everything was fine.
I also have never tried clearing DTC's while running. If I remember I will give it a go once I get the RR sorted again.

limited cv8r
June 10th, 2010, 06:34 PM
The RR runs good 99% of the time and one of the best things I've invested in,but it does have a mind of its own sometimes.This is the first time I can remember it goofing up with a DTC clear,I have had other times using the scan tool that it has done the same for no reason,and then theres the odd ocassion it has just done it because it can. 2 different RR's so I can't really say it's a dodgy RR either.

hquick
June 10th, 2010, 09:44 PM
It's done it to me before also...but....not since I got rid of the Ribbon cable!

N0DIH
June 11th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I use TC2 and I have had it do it to me once, basically if there is anything going on that distrurbs power at all, it can mess things up.

I tried to reflash and it didn't work, so I read back, then flashed in, and worked fine. Has happened 1 or 2 times, once was that I turned on ignition during the RR flash (I was at the track and couldn't hear and wasn't thinking and hit the stater. Blew away VIN and CASE Learn.... GRRRRR