PDA

View Full Version : New V2 help find exlporer

JWolfe75
June 12th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I've seen the thread on how to upgrade the firmware on the V2, but how do I tell which firmware I'm running and where the latest firmware dl is?

Also I have Flashscan Firmware Programmer, when trying to check status of my V2 gives the error:

The attached device has previously been upgraded to bootblock v2.05.xx or greater. "Flashscan Programmer" can only be used w/ v2.04.xx or less. Please use "Efi Explorer" program.

I've tried searching but can't find any links to said Explorer program, am I missing something?

Thanks for your time

-Jerry(noob)

joecar
June 12th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Hi Jerry,

Download/install V7.5.6.117 and V8.1.2.97 from here: Software-Updates-and-Installation-Help (http://forum.efilive.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Software-Updates-and-Installation-Help)

Then start EFILive Explorer (EE), goto Firmware tab, this will show the bootblock/firmware versions... post what they say.

Edit: V7 and V8 versions have been bumped up... load the latest.

JWolfe75
June 12th, 2010, 06:23 AM
My Scan tool version says its 7.5.6 build 117, i just don't see this EE :crash:

Do I need the 8 version also?

joecar
June 12th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Yes, EE and S&T comes with V8.

EE is used for:
- flashing bootblock/firmware into V2,
- formatting the Config space on V2,
- setting V2 splash screen and date/time,
- retrieving BBL and BBR files,
- uploading BBW (.ctd) files.

S&T is used for:
- setting/programming V2 options,
- creating/setting/programming V2 BBL pids/pidlists,
- creating/setting/programming V2 BBR/BBW modules (PCM, ECM, TCM).

JWolfe75
June 12th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Thanks for your help, I didn't realize I need V8 also.

Its installed, updated and updated bootblock to 2.06.03 and firmware to 2.06.35

joecar
June 12th, 2010, 07:36 AM
Be sure to format the Config space (in EE goto Config Data tab and click Format).

Then exit EE and start S&T to set V2 options and BBL/BBF settings.

MyM8V8
June 20th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Be sure to format the Config space (in EE goto Config Data tab and click Format).

Then exit EE and start S&T to set V2 options and BBL/BBF settings.

Joe, how do you know if the config spac is formatted or not? (Strange question I know)

joecar
June 20th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Joe, how do you know if the config spac is formatted or not? (Strange question I know)Whenever I update the firmware, I then immediately format the Config space. :)

joecar
February 25th, 2011, 08:39 AM
V7 software:
this is the traditional scantool and tunetool that you use for scanning/logging/reading/flashing with laptop in vehicle;
scantool is also used for viewing log files; tunetool is also used for editing tune files.

V8 software:
this is the Black Box mode configuration tools, S&T and EE (described above), and includes V2 firmware/bootblock.
S&T is used to configure V2 for BBL/BBR/BBW; EE is used to copy logs and tunes between V2 and laptop;
V8 software will eventually provide the functionality of the V7 scantool/tunetool.