PDA

View Full Version : Logging Error

Iceman56
June 13th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Trying to get some logs from my truck and an error keeps coming up saying "Error code: ERR_RESPONSE/5

Response $11: "Mode Not Supported".

Anyone know why this would be, or how to go about fixing the problem so I can log?

Thanks
Mike

Tordne
June 13th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I suspect you have a PID selected which is invalid for your vehicle.

As a test select one of the generic PID lists intended for your vehicle and see if you can scan/log data.

Iceman56
June 13th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I suspect you have a PID selected which is invalid for your vehicle.

As a test select one of the generic PID lists intended for your vehicle and see if you can scan/log data.

Thank you sir, I had the LBZ Imperial for PID, and I had a few more pid's selected. Then I thought I tried it again with just the LBZ Imperial and no others I think. I will try it again tommorow to make sure. The plain LBZ Imperial should work shouldn't it?? What other generic PID should I try?

Thanks
Mike

Edit: My truck is an 08 LMM

Tordne
June 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Yeah just try selecting the LBZ Imperial PID list and don't add any additional PIDs. Then make sure you can log that OK and confirm there isn't another issue. I'm going to bet on it working and that one of the PIDs was not supported.

Iceman56
June 13th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Yeah just try selecting the LBZ Imperial PID list and don't add any additional PIDs. Then make sure you can log that OK and confirm there isn't another issue. I'm going to be on it working and that one of the PIDs was not supported.

Okay will do. Don't know if I quite understand the last part? You saying the LBZ Imperial might not work??

Thanks
Mike

Tordne
June 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Nah I reckon the LBZ Imperial PID list will work and that one of the additional PIDs you selected was not supported.

Iceman56
June 14th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I tried doing the LBZ Imperial again and got the same error message. So I tried the other Duramax PID's like "Duramax metric" and "LBZ Metric" and they worked but the LBZ Imperial wouldn't.

Tordne
June 14th, 2010, 08:38 AM
The LBZ Metric and Imperial PID list is exactly the same (hadn't checked for a while). So it is therefore "odd" that one works and one does not, unless you actually made the change to the default PID list and saved it?

Iceman56
June 14th, 2010, 09:28 AM
The LBZ Metric and Imperial PID list is exactly the same (hadn't checked for a while). So it is therefore "odd" that one works and one does not, unless you actually made the change to the default PID list and saved it?

Hmm I didn't think I ever did but maybe cause there seems to be more PID's selected with the LBZ Imperial