PDA

View Full Version : Full flash a g8 gt tcm with a 2010 camaro tune?

b18cls1
June 20th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I've got a good shifting tune from a 2010 ss camaro. Can I flash it into my g8 os and all ? Looks like the newer os are simpler?

Tordne
June 20th, 2010, 01:46 PM
EFILive does not support full flashing of the T43 transmission controller. You will need to copy/paste from one calibration to the other and take the tables you want.

doubledip
June 21st, 2010, 07:30 AM
if your G8 is a different year OS to the camaro you may end up bricking the T43 any way... pretty sure they have change to manufacturer of the TCM in the box so only from 07-09 T43's can be flashed over the top off. MY10 T43's are a whole new ball game - correct me if i am wrong

Chuck CoW
August 3rd, 2010, 10:19 AM
You're CORRECT!

2010 stuff is not ((yet) right ROSS????) compatible....

Chuck CoW

Tordne
August 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
2010 T43 TCM has been supported for ages now. We had an issue quite some time back flashing. At that time we removed flash support until resolved. You should be all good to go now :)

Chuck CoW
August 3rd, 2010, 10:25 AM
I know.... But the 2010 Vehicle have no speedo information in the .calz and some of the parameters are not there that are in the earlier versions......

Chuck CoW

GMPX
August 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
We are aware of that Chuck, but GM keep removing calibrations involved in the speedo calculation, obviously that means they are doing it a different way, but as of right now, we don't know how it's done for this new stuff.

Chuck CoW
August 3rd, 2010, 01:33 PM
While I'm quite far removed from the type of work that you guys do, wouldn't it help to search the calibrations for instances of "2.56" for instance when the vehicle has 2.56 gears?

Or maybe look for instances of other values that we know are consistent with that gear ratio in an earlier calibrations so as to find the "area" where these calibrations are hiding???

Ross, today I did one for the team! I sent this guy home with a bran new Grand Sport Corvette with my EXPENSIVE 3.42 rear end in it without paying for it cause I couldn't finish the calibration properly....

Kinda in the hopes that the GOD OF THE .CALZ files would find a way to make it happen!

Hopefully it doesn't take toooo long!:angel_innocent:

Chuck CoW

Kinda in the hopes that the GOD OF THE .CALZ files would find a way to make it happen!

fastjim455
August 3rd, 2010, 01:48 PM
hey,,ive got work planned for a 10 2wd truck with a gear change,,,,,is this going to be a problem ?? im not seeing were i can make the change....... should i hold off ???