PDA

View Full Version : V2 vot working

blazinblue
June 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Its not connecting to the usb tried soldering a usb6b1 IC and no luck:doh2: my question is what happens to all my tuned vins? do i get them back by buying another v2? Will try contacting IRA to see if it can be fixed

here is a thread on the fix
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9815-v2-repair&highlight=USB6B1

joecar
June 22nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
Your .bin files are on your laptop/PC.

Yes contact Ira.

blazinblue
June 22nd, 2010, 12:02 PM
I meant my tuned VIN licenses , not the actual tune files. I have about 26 licenses purchased.

joecar
June 22nd, 2010, 12:04 PM
From the tunetool, go Help->V2 Licensing and then click the backup button.

Also take a screenshot of that window.

I contacted Tech Support.

Blacky
June 22nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
When you click the [Backup] button a file called <Serial Number>.lbu is created in \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 where <Serial Number> is the FlashScan serial number.
You can also click the [Copy] button and paste that info into a *.txt file.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Its not connecting to the usb tried soldering a usb6b1 IC and no luck:doh2: my question is what happens to all my tuned vins? do i get them back by buying another v2? Will try contacting IRA to see if it can be fixed

here is a thread on the fix
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9815-v2-repair&highlight=USB6B1
If you purchase a new unit, or if it gets repaired, EFILive makes every effort to restore your VIN licenses to the new unit.
If your unit is so damaged that the license details cannot be recovered you would need to supply the *.lbu file from your PC to whomever is repairing or replacing your unit. That *.lbu file is updated automatically each time you license a controller - or manually when you click the [Backup] button.
FYI: So far we have always repaired or replaced a FlashScan unit with the original VIN licenses intact or replacement VIN licenses where necessary.

Regards
PAul

blazinblue
June 22nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
thanks for the help! i have contacted ira to see if it can be fixed. Just waiting to hear back