PDA

View Full Version : E38 Stuck on low octane table

Tre-Cool
June 24th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Thought i would mention this little problem i had on the dyno the other day with my brothers car.

for some reason even after flashing multiple times, the car would not come off the low octane table, i ended up having to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to get it running on the high table.

Anyone else had this issue?

APS Luis
August 11th, 2010, 05:24 PM
What operating system does your brother's car have ? we had a car do the exact thing today ( never witnessed it before ).

I haven't disconnected the battery , but there is definitely something strange going on....I'll keep you posted.

swingtan
August 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Are you waiting the full 15 seconds after a reflash? Very strange things happen if you don't wait long enough.

Simon

Tre-Cool
August 11th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Yeah, waited plenty of times. this was between dyno pulls and multiple flashes... as I was trying to work out why the frack it wasnt running the timing it should have been.

Luis, to answer your question it's an 06 ve ss m6.
OS=12612381
OS iD=AA
Calibratiion=12612380

swingtan
August 11th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I take it that the octane scaler was on "0"?

Tre-Cool
August 12th, 2010, 12:47 AM
yeah. checked that.

thats why i went and disconnected the battery. it was right as rain after that.

4wheelin
November 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Same issue, 2006 R8 307 6 speed auto, battery reset and it was good to go.

APS Luis
November 8th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Well, 1 year and a bit after the last post I can tell you all that it is very operating system dependent , the earlier O/S , the worse it is.

Later O/S's will decrement the octane scaler progressively when the knock sensors don't pick up knock , some early will not regardless of what is put in the increment/decrement tables.
I have even witnessed different behaviour if the DVT settings are set to open loop or closed loop!

However , 100% reset of the octane scaler in these instances is only achievable by disconnecting the battery.

HTH :)

4wheelin
November 8th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Yep, I was surprised at how quickly the deterioration back to the low octane table was even though the most KR logged was 0.6 degrees after removing the battery, after just a couple of drives the car was back to the low octane table and its bad habits.