PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer vs. Rev Limiter PCM Tuning

Vexzer
June 29th, 2010, 11:48 AM
After installing my 3.91 ratio 12 bolt, with my EFI Live V1 Software, I inputted the new gear ratio & 25" tire diameter. Now the rev limiter cuts in @ 4500 -5500 rpm [varies]. That was the only change I made. It was not a new file [i.e.: I uploaded the PCM, changed only that, saved the file & downloaded] Car is 2002 Camaro LS1 M6
If I set it back, all returns to as before. Does anyone know what I missed?

joecar
June 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Can you post your tune file...

Vexzer
June 29th, 2010, 11:39 PM
I'll be happy to but don't have it in hand when I read this. I'll try to get it posted tonight. -Thanks!

joecar
June 30th, 2010, 02:26 AM
No worries... take your time.

And... :welcome2:

Vexzer
October 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM

OK. So it took awhile... Thanks Joe
You can see where I changed the ratio, and set it back. Then I read the part about where this isn't used to calibrate the speedometer. Sometimes it's harder to find the right questions than to get an answer to the wrong ones. Is there any way that EFILive can be used for speedometer calibration without undesirable side effects? -Love you guys [not in the gay way]...

Taz
October 18th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Hello Vexzer,

Is the gear and tire combo the only modifications to the car ? At first glance - the tune seems to have a lot of changes in it. Is this combination still in the Camaro, or is it a transplant ?

Regards,
Taz

Vexzer
October 18th, 2010, 02:22 PM
2002 Camaro SS, Cam .595 lifts & 112 LSA, long tubes, no cats, off-road Y, stock muffler with cutout always open, stock MAF & heads, M6, 3:91 gear, stock wheel size, modified nut (behind the wheel). Thanks for asking.

WeathermanShawn
October 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I run a 3.90 Gear.

You need to change H0103 to 3.90 or 3.91.

That should 'recompute' H0101 to the correct value. That is the most important one!

At the top of the page you see a 'Speedo Calculator'. That is to fine-tune for tire size etc..

..See Attachment..

Vexzer
October 19th, 2010, 02:07 PM
It WAS set to 3.91. I just changed the file to 3.90, don't know if it doesn't like odd over even numbers. Haven't loaded it yet but I will just to humour you. I'll be in Maui for the next week [I would rather stay home & screw with this but I drew the short straw]. I'll put it in and post the results.

WeathermanShawn
October 19th, 2010, 02:10 PM
It WAS set to 3.91. I just changed the file to 3.90, don't know if it doesn't like odd over even numbers. Haven't loaded it yet but I will just to humour you. I'll be in Maui for the next week [I would rather stay home & screw with this but I drew the short straw]. I'll put it in and post the results.

Don't do it to humor me..Its going to rain in Maui anyway..:grin: