PDA

View Full Version : shutting down during sled pulling

SGFastMax
July 1st, 2010, 03:25 AM
im tuning a customers lb7 that he sled pulls and once it reaches a certain point the engine shuts down or the ecm limits it to 1900 rpm. hes using a different ecm with the same service number and i loaded a 6006 dsp5 os on it. i ran over every table looking for something to cause this and the only thing i thought would do it is the expected maf flow table. but the Expected maf flow enable parameter (B0801) was set to 302 degrees. so excessive maf reading couldnt be causing this could it?

gman
July 1st, 2010, 07:01 AM
Are you sure the problem is rooted in tuning? Perhaps check the connector and pins on the ecm harness and the two on the engine harness. I have seen a similar diagnoses from a harness/pin problem in these areas.

SGFastMax
July 1st, 2010, 08:51 AM
all plugs and pins were supposedly checked, but not by me. so i dont know

acrider2
July 7th, 2010, 08:18 AM
check for overboost codes also. I just maxed out all my limp tables for when i pull. mine was limiting fuel do to MAF and boost codes. I think I also had MAF test set to 302 and it still pulled fuel. I just pulled this weekend with the limp tables maxed and all was good ;)

SGFastMax
July 7th, 2010, 08:51 AM
check for overboost codes also. I just maxed out all my limp tables for when i pull. mine was limiting fuel do to MAF and boost codes. I think I also had MAF test set to 302 and it still pulled fuel. I just pulled this weekend with the limp tables maxed and all was good ;)

i noticed that too, but in another table its set to -4 but using air intake temp. so thats what was letting it run the maf tests. but i raisd all limiters and were gonna go from there. thanks

SGFastMax
July 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
the problem was the maf expected flow being too high.