PDA

View Full Version : licencing for 05 silverado 5.3

Gregs
July 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
quick question my buddy wants me to tune his 05 silverado 1/2 ton and i have heard rumors that his truck has two separate computers. one for engine and one for trans. can anyone verify? my truck is an 03 so i just have the one pcm.

btw i have the v1

i want to be sure when i tell him how many licences it will take

thanks, greg

ChipsByAl
July 4th, 2010, 01:40 PM
It will take only one license. It only has one PCM, but if it had an ECM and a TCM, it would still only take one license but you would have to update to a V2.
Al

Gregs
July 4th, 2010, 01:50 PM
ok so it only has a PCM, got it.

i've been thinking about upgrading to the v2 for a while now but i'm confused about the september 2006 cutoff date. does the cut off date refer to when the original v1 was purchased, or as in "today" the current date that you order the v2 upgrade?

Tordne
July 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
The Sep 2006 is the original FlashScan V1 purchase date. At that time we massively reduced the V1 pricing which is why there is a price difference for upgrades. If you can send the FlashScan V1 SN to me (support@efilive.com) I can confirm for you which price is applicable to you?

Tordne
July 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the email, I just replied :)

Gregs
July 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM
email sent thanks!

so reading up on the upgrade since i have the commercial v1 it sounds like i get 2 extra licences with the v2! thats a heck of a deal. Correct me if i'm wrong but i have an unused licence remaining on my v1 so i could sell it on ebay or something right?

ScarabEpic22
July 5th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Yep you could, but once you upgrade your cable you CANNOT add any more licenses to your V1. Period, so if you sell it to someone make sure they know they can only use the 1 license (and 97/98 LS1s) and then the scan tool functionality.

Tordne
July 5th, 2010, 06:09 PM
That's correct. When you order the FlashScan V2 upgrade you need to make sure you have at least 1 PCM license available if you intend selling the device. Once you purchase the upgrade product no more PCM licenses will be sold to the SN of the V1 device. This limitation needs to be disclosed to the next potential owner, as well as the fact that the FlashScan V1 cannot be used again to upgrade to FlashScan V2 (that's a one time thing per V1 cable).