PDA

View Full Version : Could any one with DFCO LS1 post his tune

wesam
July 4th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I want to switch on the DFCO and i want to see what is the best settings should i use
Could any one with DFCO LS1 post his tune
any help will be appreciated
thanks in advance

WeathermanShawn
July 5th, 2010, 02:11 AM
wesam:

Your question is a little broad. 'Best' is a matter of personal preference.

In reality, 95% of people will do just fine with the stock settings. If anything you can manipulate B3320 to kick in at various MAPS. You see a lot depends on your cam and your pressure (BARO) at your location. A cam raises your Idle, coasting MAP. I am over a mile high, so my settings in my tune would not work for your location.

Just go out and drive normally. Take your foot off the accelerator and log what MAP DFCO kicks in. If it is too soon, lower your Enable MAP. If you want it to kick in sooner, raise it.

If your location is flat, you really don't have to change DFCO that much from stock. I have worked a lot on DFCO, but I live in mountainous territory. What I am politely saying is that you have to tune the parameters to your own liking.

If you have a specific issue we can probably help. There are a few advanced tricks, but personally I would stick with stock settings until your tune VE and injectors.

Good luck..

wesam
July 5th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I finished tuning my VE and injectors and solved my problems after switching to COS3
the A0014 helped me a lot
now i want to get ride of the rich low load maps 15-40 by DFCO my cam raise the idle to 55 kpa
and the 0% TPS areas while i'm cruising is between 25-42 kpa
I asked some one to post his tune because i didn't understand the activate\deactivate,enable/disable are those the same meaning words ?

WeathermanShawn
July 5th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Well then trying something like this is B3320...

wesam
July 5th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Shwan sorry for my noob question but could you tell me why not to put it from 15-40 instead of 20-30 ?
it seems that i bother a lot of people here lately i'm sorry for that
and really I'm glade for all of you Shawn,Joecar,5.7ute i learned a lot of things from you
thank you guys

WeathermanShawn
July 5th, 2010, 02:34 AM
No, it is O.K. It is actually a good question.

It is very hard to have the activate/reactivate MAP much higher than your normal BARO at your location. If that is sea-level that is ~ 30 kPA. You can try 35-40, but 99% chance your car RPM will fall and you will pop out of DFCO before 40 kPa.

Nothing personal, I hesitate to post my entire tune anymore. It has been inappropriately 'plagiarized' in the past. I have made dozens and dozens of changes. It would not work for any other vehicle.

Try this for B3318. It may allow you to use 20-40 kpa. It will let your RPM fall. Note, your car may stall going that low, but it is worth a shot..

wesam
July 5th, 2010, 02:46 AM
my stock is set like in the following pictures
should i stay with them at sea level ?

WeathermanShawn
July 5th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I would try to 'spread' out the range a little more.

Maybe pick values in between what I gave you and stock. I.E., you could try 20-40 MAP for Enable MAP. I might just leave your RPM Enabler alone. You want it to be able to enable DFCO for a broader MAP area, especially that Activate/Reactive MAP.

You can try that and see if it will allow DFCO all the way up to 40 kPa. Wesam, can you audibly hear or feel when DFCO kicks in? If you can then you have half the battle won. Then when you make changes it is easy to tell. Obviously, when you log your wideband AFR will shoot to ~20.9, spark will fall..it is pretty easy to tell.

Thats what I did when I fined-tuned DFCO. It will be interesting to see if you can keep it engaged all the way to 40 kPa..

wesam
July 5th, 2010, 03:10 AM
Shawn i still didn't tried to enable the DFCO i will try today so i'm asking
now i filtered a previous log i exclude all data in which the TPS is grater than zero
the average MAP is 29.6 and the average rpm is 2250
is it a good idea to keep DFCO enabled in such rpm 2250 ?

WeathermanShawn
July 5th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Let me think about that for a while..

If after all your fueling is done, you can usually enable DFCO wherever you want. I normally do it by kPA. I.E. Everything below a certain MAP.

You could try 40 kpa. I go with 20-25 kPa.

Let me ponder that. I am not sure injectors like to be cut-off at to high a kPa..:confused:.

I'll get back to you. Perhaps a sea-level tuner will chime in..

wesam
July 5th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Shawn you make me feel that your are from another planet :grin::hihi:
any way thanks a lot for your help
i will try it today and will keep you informed

wesam
July 7th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Well i tried the DFCO but didn't start
my car was A4 then i convert it to M6 could this be the problem ?
could some body look in my tune and the log ?

WeathermanShawn
July 7th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I can't figure it out.

It seems like somehow DFCO is still turned off. Perhaps lower B3313 to -30C.

Are you TPS or ECT? Unless those injectors just can not go to that low of a Pulse Width.
I am a little perplexed, as it looks like there were a few times it should have engaged.:confused:

wesam
July 7th, 2010, 06:31 AM
could the converting from A4 to M6 be the problem as the car now running in the Park (P) gear position ?

WeathermanShawn
July 7th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Thats an interesting point.

You tune is unique, with the conversions etc..You may be on to something there. I definitely saw a few points where it looked like DFCO should have engaged. And you right, it never did...

wesam
July 7th, 2010, 06:36 AM
i will try and put B3118 Not in gear to 1300 instead of 7001 to see what will happen

WeathermanShawn
July 7th, 2010, 06:46 AM
That sounds like a good idea. It almost has to be in that Table..

wesam
July 7th, 2010, 07:45 AM
Well i try it and it still not engaged any other idea ?

WeathermanShawn
July 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
No, it is a little over my head. I assume the proper wiring from the PCM to the Injectors must be in place. The Software may be commanding it to 'Engage', but apparently it is not.

The only other idea I can think of is to make every DFCO Table stock. Then raise the question again. Maybe I missed something. Perhaps your DFCO MAP's are too high.

It usually something minor, but I am perplexed..:confused:

WeathermanShawn
July 7th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Wesam:

You did a A4 to M6 conversion correct?

The only other thought I had would be to Disable the M6 DFCO. Put B3308 to 140C.

You will still have regular DFCO. The M6 DFCO just turns the injectors 'off' during shifts.

Since you did a conversion, it may be that is hanging you up. It is just a thought, but that is all I could come up with. Worth a try.

wesam
July 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks Shawn i will give it a try today

joecar
July 8th, 2010, 04:04 AM
could the converting from A4 to M6 be the problem as the car now running in the Park (P) gear position ?Did you copy the M6 trans segment into your file from an M6 file having the same OEM OS as your file...?

wesam
July 8th, 2010, 04:10 AM
No i don't and i don't know if the tuner did
which tables should i copy ?

joecar
July 8th, 2010, 04:12 AM
In B3320, DFCO enables when MAP goes below the left column, and disables when it goes above the right column... check MAP in your log file, it doesn't seem (to me) to go below the left column at the right times...

What cam did you say you have...?

wesam
July 8th, 2010, 04:13 AM
239-242 651-615 114

joecar
July 8th, 2010, 04:15 AM
No i don't and i don't know if the tuner did
which tables should i copy ?Find a file with the same OS for a M6 version of your car...

Open your file, open the found file as the alternate file, then go Edit->Copy Entire Segment->Transmission.

The segment contains tables plus other "invisible" code.

But you're running a COS... let me find out how to do a seg copy on a COS.

wesam
July 8th, 2010, 04:41 AM
It woooooorking now
Joe you are the man :)
I'm glad for you

joecar
July 8th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Cool...:cheers:...what did you change...?

wesam
July 8th, 2010, 04:52 AM
i just copied the transmission segment as you told me