PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect serial EQ data w/BBL

mr.prick
July 5th, 2010, 06:51 AM
As you can see here, serial EQ matches analog Lambda ({EXT.AD1}*0.2046)+0.5 :confused:
My BEN from EQ ({GM.EQIVRATIO}/{EXT.WO2EQR1}) is off the hook lean because of this. :doh2:

Passthru shows correct data tho.
My first time using BBL in awhile.:bawl:
:offtopic:
How do I open the .ctd files with the tune.exe?

joecar
July 5th, 2010, 07:25 AM
My LC-1 is on my bench at the moment so I can't test it.

Which V2 firmware are you using...?

To open the ctd file you need the later V7.5 build.

showthread.php?13991-July-03-2010-Pre-release (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13991-July-03-2010-Pre-release)

mr.prick
July 5th, 2010, 09:01 AM
How did I miss that thread? :throw:
I was using 117 & 97

Was this a known issue?
I haven't been around too much lately.

joecar
July 5th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Did that fix the BBL serial lambda/eq swap...?

mr.prick
July 5th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I don't see any new FW in this update.
The log is bad I'll need to make a new one. :)

joecar
July 5th, 2010, 01:44 PM
The firmware stills says 2.6.35 but the date is different.

mr.prick
July 5th, 2010, 03:39 PM
:doh2:
Thanks Joe.

joecar
July 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Did that fix the BBL serial lambda/eq swap...?

mr.prick
July 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I haven't tried it yet. ;)

mr.prick
July 7th, 2010, 07:55 AM
This is still happening w/new firmware.
Also I'm having a problem formatting my SD Card. :nixweiss:

I put this thread in the wrong BBL forum too. :laugh: :doh2:

joecar
July 7th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Do you want me to move the thread...?

mr.prick
July 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM
LOL
There is Black Box Logging & FlashScan V2 BB Logging.
It should be in the V2 BB Logging forum but it may not matter as long as Paul know this is going on.

Tordne
July 7th, 2010, 08:39 AM
There are a few incarnations of the 2.06.35 firmware that were used in beta release (which is why the version wasn't incremented). The latest 2.06.35 version is dated 30 June 2010. You can update to this (over an existing 2.06.35 using the Firmware portion of EFILive Explorer.

Try getting these versions (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13991-July-05-2010-Pre-release) and confirming that you have the 30 June firmware.

Not sure this is going to do anything for the LC-1 query, but hopefully should resolve SD card issue which has been worked on a lot recently. I'm not in a position to test with an LC-1 either at the moment :(

mr.prick
July 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I've got the folders written to the SD Card now. :)
The EQ reversal is still going on. (FSProgV2_06_35.efw 6/30/2010)

Blacky
July 7th, 2010, 10:55 AM
As you can see here, serial EQ matches analog Lambda ({EXT.AD1}*0.2046)+0.5 :confused:
My BEN from EQ ({GM.EQIVRATIO}/{EXT.WO2EQR1}) is off the hook lean because of this. :doh2:

I can see the same thing here. The data in the BBL *.efi file is correct, just the EFILive Scan And Tune software is not displaying it correctly.
I'm working on fixing it...

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
July 7th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah, the V2 display is correct but the log is wrong.
IRC this happened before. :hihi:

I also have issue logging to SD card.
It logs for 5-10 minutes then gives a beep and stops the log. :nixweiss:
This also happened before but I forget what the fix was. :doh:

Tordne
July 7th, 2010, 10:23 PM
The SD card thing I have only experienced (where it beeps and terminals the log) occurs when the SD Card connection is broken momentarily. I had my V2 sitting in a compartment where it would get bumped with acceleration and/or break application. Since moving the V2 I've never had this happen again :)

Blacky
July 8th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah, the V2 display is correct but the log is wrong.
IRC this happened before. :hihi:

Finally got this figured out.

With the V7.5 pass-through logging the EQRatio was never transmitted from FlashScan to the PC. Instead the EQRatio PID was calculated from the raw data for the Lambda PID. That meant the software had to invert the raw lambda data to get the actual EQRatio value. When BBLogging was introduced the real EQRatio raw data was transmitted. However it was still being inverted by the V7 software - hence it ended up being the same as lambda for BBL data. You can temporarily fix it for BBL by changing the eqratio definition for the SLOT *UNM-16-913 in sae_generic.txt. Change the "i" (invert) to "/" (divide). However, once you do that, then the EQRatio sent via pass-through logging will be wrong (i.e. not inverted). So choose which one you want to use/see and change the SLOT definition accordingly.
Meanwhile I'm adding a patch that makes that change automatically based on the source of the data (pass-through or BBL).

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
July 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I'm still having problems logging to SD Card.
This is the same card I've been using for as long as BBl has become available.

Also when I try to open a .ctd with the tune.exe, I select use this program for files like this.
It fails to open the tune.exe but instead scan&tune.

Ninety8C5
July 9th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Also when I try to open a .ctd with the tune.exe, I select use this program for files like this.
It fails to open the tune.exe but instead scan&tune.

When you right click on a .ctd file and go to 'Properties' and then 'Change' select EFILive Tuning Tool. It sounds like you have EFILive V8 Scan & Tune selected . . . maybe.

mr.prick
July 9th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I did this and it stays scan&tune. (XP Pro)

Ninety8C5
July 9th, 2010, 11:10 AM

This worked for me.

mr.prick
July 9th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Won't work for me. :nixweiss:
I select the tune.exe but it won't show in the properties.
I can change it to the scan.exe tho. :hihi:

mr.prick
July 10th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Am I the only one having problems logging w/SD card?
I have re-flashed the firmware & config files, formatted the SD car & internal memory as well as set the file system to auto.
Internal memory is fine but it doesn't hold too many logs with the .tuns I have installed.

joecar
July 10th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Mike, which SD card do you have (I don't remember)...?

mr.prick
July 10th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Lexar 1GB
It worked before. :unsure:

joecar
July 10th, 2010, 08:04 PM
So, only BBL is affected, and BBR/BBW are ok... the difference between those is the length of time involved...

Ninety8C5
July 11th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Am I the only one having problems logging w/SD card?
I have re-flashed the firmware & config files, formatted the SD car & internal memory as well as set the file system to auto.
Internal memory is fine but it doesn't hold too many logs with the .tuns I have installed.

Have you tried it with the file system set to SD instead of auto? :nixweiss: