PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Logs

Black'Rado
July 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Ok i took 2 new logs earlier and would for yalls input on them.

first one is mostly part throttle with 2 wot pulls toward the end
second one has several wot pulls

thanks

5.7ute
July 6th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Looking at log 2 quickly. You are running lean around 5000 rpm under WOT. (o2 sensor voltages drop) Also bank 1 sensor pegs lean occasionally under WOT. Could be an exhaust issue.
Also a bad instance of knock at frame 1760.
You really need to get that wideband hooked up.

Black'Rado
July 6th, 2010, 03:37 PM
i just got my y pipe welded up so there should be no leaks,
i need to do a free air calibration on my wideband tommorow but im still waiting on my serial to usb adapter.

thanks for checking the logs out for me. im trying to read up as much as i can and learn

WeathermanShawn
July 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Wow, you really can run up to 59 degrees of Spark at Idle?

I think us LS1 guys are limited to 42..:grin:.

Rado, remind me if you are still running MAF or are you SD? You still are running about +8 Trims, which are being added to your WOT fueling.

Whichever way you have it tuned, you might look into getting those Trims to slightly below zero. Then when you hook up your wideband, you will get a more accurate control of your Commanded Fueling AFR..

Black'Rado
July 6th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Yes im still running MAF.

how would i go about getting my fuel trims in check?

WeathermanShawn
July 6th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Get that Wideband hooked up, then let us know what Tuning Method you are using. I.E., just post (or re-post) your tune.

Once you know that we can advise you on how to tune Trims as well as the other parameters.

Joecar has a good explanation of the various types on tune in this thread..http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13288-Calc-VE-Setup&p=119640#post119640

You can also check under Joecar's signature or mine (below) for other pertinent tuning tools. Basically MAF and/or VE Tables(s) must be tuned to get Airflow, Trims, Fueling, etc in check.

Read up, then do a good log with your wideband. We will be standing by..

joecar
July 6th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Like 5.7ute said, something is going on with bank1, HO2S11 voltage indicates dead lean on snap to WOT (rolled on throttle seems ok)...

might be O2 sensor itself, or might be something else causing lean O2: exhaust leak, clogged injector, misfire.